im still here but for how long?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by someguyfrommars, Sep 25, 2016.

1. been trying to find a job,haven't had luck anyways few days ago i went to a abandonded apartment where i <mod edit - methods>but suddenly something kinda stopped myself.Now im wondering why am i still alive?I'm really close to it i have marks ,my family asked what happened but i told them i dont know.I'm tired of life,something gotta work out.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
  2. courtney_997

courtney_997 Member

Hey, I am new to this so I am not sure whether I am doing this right or not.
    But why do you feel this way? Do you speak to anyone professionally?

I know it may sound cliché but things are set to try us, it determines who we are, how strong we are. Just for you to even be posting on the group shows courage, I found it difficult to post but now I feel as though I can open up without being judged.

Did you stop yourself from ending things? If so, sit and think why you stopped.. is it because you have a good family? A future ahead of you? A reason that you so far haven't come across? But you will..

After the storm passes, the rainbow will appear.
    Keep strong & positive.

Unknown_111 likes this.
  3. twinklil

twinklil Well-Known Member

Dear Someguyfromars,
    Why are we still alive, perhaps that is because we are stronger than we think though it often sure doesn't feel like it at the time. I'm glad you kinda stopped yourself that sounds a bit like hope to me, you have a tiny bit of it inside of you that dares to hope, hold onto that. It is frustrating to be actively seeking work and be not able to find it, please keep fighting those urges to do something hurting to yourself as you are already hurting way too much, keeping holding on and know that we are by your side with you. take care.

4. JustCan'tQuit

JustCan'tQuit Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you've been feeling so low. Job hunting can discourage anybody--but, stressful as it is, it's not worth giving up your life for.

I'm grateful that something in you stopped you in the nick of time. That's good. That's hopeful.

You ask why you're still alive. It's a good question. Why? Were you worried about your family? Yourself? Did you realize that you don't deserve to die over a job (or anything)? Did you regret the dreams you wouldn't be able to fulfill?

You obviously have more on your plate than you can comfortably handle, so give some thought to how you could reduce the stress and make your life better, even in very small steps.

Stay in touch and stay hopeful. You saved a guy's life this week (yours) and you deserve to feel pretty good about that. Now, see what you can do to make that guy's life easier...

JCQ