I'm still here, despite my best efforts.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Azmodius, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azmodius

Azmodius Well-Known Member

I apologise for being away and worrying people. I've not been good. Attempt aside and everything else, I'm still alive.
    The shrink who's now completed his assessment says I likely won't improve, the pills I take, the psychotherapy, CBT and counselling won't help also. Always good to know, I'm fundamentally lost now.
    My 'friends' warned a person I liked that I was an abhorrent human being, who's ruin her life. So, yet again, I'm alone without hope, surrounded by feckless Machiavellian individuals who seem intent on making my life a miserable experience till I finally pass. This insults, the interference in my life, all of this has pushed me to the edge finally, I really can't see how I can now get worse now.

I appreciate all the messages on an older post wishing me well, I'm sorry I went off the rails, didn't expect to still be here, and if it weren't for a freak issue of timing, I wouldn't. I'm not getting better, this saddens me, I am worried I can't help others if I am this bad.

So I apologise if my advice is lacking, or lacks heart. I'm struggling now, so I'll try, but bare with me.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Post here all you need to. Sometimes this is what helps us chart our course through life.

:hug:

3. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Hi Simon, I'm glad that you are still with us.:hugtackles:
    Don't let anyone tell you that your situation cannot be improved. A good doctor does not do that. And your friends telling your friend bad things about you, don't let it get to you. You don't deserve that. Work on taking care of yourself and your needs right now. And please get support here as much as possible.

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Simon. Sorry to hear that you're still struggling. Forget what your mental health doctor said about you not getting better. You have to believe that you will get better and eventually you will. Please dont give up. :hug:

5. Blue_Sky

Blue_Sky Well-Known Member

You're right, you won't improve cause you don't think you will. Nothing in life is permanent, no problem is so great you can't overcome it. Like I mentioned in another post, all those treatments don't really work in themselves they can only really provide a little help. I've read countless books and spent too much money on useless therapy and pills. You have to introspect and do the work yourself, the cure is really within, do not depend soley on outside methods to fix you.

6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome back Simon..It sounds like your doctor is a quack..Everyone has thought of suicide one time or another.. I have SI all the time but have learned to live with it..Find a good therapist and learn the coping skills and cognitive distortions..I find my therapist works better than any of my other treatment..Please don't harm yourself there are people here who care about you..I know I don't know you.. But I read your replys and threads..Don't take what your doctor said to heart.. There is hope for everyone..Take care!!

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I'm here for you. Lemme know if you wanna chat. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.