I'm still here

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by mpang123, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Yay! I made it another year with no attempts. April 22, 2012 was my last attempt I ever made. The past 2 years have been great even though I have struggled still many times but I keep making it through. As my therapist said, "It's been two years...let's make it three. I believe I will and every year afterwards. Just wanted to celebrate my triumph. Coincidentally, my apartment manager gave a dinner party to all the residents on the so called Anniversary date. I am not the same person whom I used to be but I know should I ever need to vent and process here, I know I have you all, especially the moderators and the people who've known me for the past year that I've been struggling through. Just want to encourage people to keep this site as a major support, especially when one feels so alone as if nobody knows what you're going through. This place is genuine and will help a great many people struggling. I am a living proof. I feel so proud of myself. I did it!
  2. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

Congrats. 2012? Was that two years ago?
  3. libra

libra Active Member

Thanks for sharing!
    really good to hear someone in the further stages of recovery
    to restore hope and patience
    this was actually just what i needed to read!x
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

So happy for you hun glad you have the support of your therapist to help you thanks for good news
  5. MisterBGone

Congratulations! : )
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done, you're doing so well :hug:
  7. redrobin62

redrobin62 Active Member

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Just what I need to lift my spirits up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.