• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I'm still here.

Talia862

It's me. I'm checking in to tell people I'm still here. I went through a very very bad depression about 6 months ago, and I'm now my medication has kicked in and I'm feeling better.

I mean yes, I'm still struggling a little- I feel lonely and sometimes down, and I feel scared of COVID, since I have health problems that make me high risk- but that in a way is good, because it shows i want to live. I DON'T want to die of COVID. It was when I first started feeling scared of COVID that I realized I was feeling better, because before that I either actively wanted to die, or I honestly didn't care. But now I'm taking precautions because a big part of me wants to live. A small part of me still wants to die. It was the other way around for a long time

I'm writing articles for my day job, and that is going well. I joined a writer's education group that has classes, and I am taking classes and pursuing my writing. I'm 3/4 of the way through the first draft of my nonfiction book, and I'm plotting out a novel to work on in few months. I plan to do more blogging as well. I'm getting serious about improving my writing. My life is better than it was. I'm trying to achieve my goals. I believe in my goals and want to be alive to achieve them.

I want to say to people to stay on this forum and keep posting- it really helped me. Things do get better. For some of us, mental health is a lifelong struggle- but there are good times too. I know realistically, with my bipolar disorder I will probably experience full blown depression again. When I do I hope I can cope. I made it through that awful, four month long major depressive episode, when I had constant thoughts of suicide, such strong thoughts, WITHOUT making an attempt. it was very very hard, but with the help of my therapist, my friends, and this forum I did it.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
I am very glad you are doing better. The meds for bipolar don't take out all the moods but they lessen the curve so your depression won't be as bad I think. I am Bipolar NOS. I was heading for depression myself, was manic last weekend, but yesterday I found out I had 3 weeks of vacation. I am able to take some time off work and I look forward to that. I think that will stave off my depression. I am glad to hear you are doing better and hope that things continue to go well for you.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
i'm so happy that you are feeling so much better and moving forward with your goals. and just want to say you did a great job fighting through that hard time, i'm proud of you...mike...*hug*shake*bravo*stars

Yes. . . I remember, from before! So happy to hear you’ve made it through & are forever prospering (at least, for now...) : )

your writing is very good, and clear - even on here (which should come as no surprise to, or for a strong writer!)

good luck & best wishes—
Also thanks for the words & message of encouragement (it’s always nice to know that there are those outside of the actively participating members who still watch & pay attention, now & then).., ;)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$30.00
Goal
$255.00