I'm still nothing

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Jecie, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Jecie

Jecie Active Member

So I'm 32. Turning 33 soon and I still need to be accepted like a teenager!! I'm sooo tired of just not fitting in, trying so hard to make people like me. Working double as hard as anyone else, because I need to be the best...

I hate this about me. I'm 32 and I'm still no closer to being an adult.

2. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

I know the feeling, Jecie. I suspect it is linked to low self esteem, getting externally what we should have internally. Have you had any help with these feelings?

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi Jacie,

I'm with windlepoons and know this feeling all too well....speaking of which, you are doing great communicating with us. Do you see a counselor whom you can express yourself to? I think seeking professional support is a quality suggestion to bring up because it could be a great thing to have someone help you get out of the way you are feeling. Just food for thought....take care, and welcome to the forums! :hug:

Alex

4. Jecie

Jecie Active Member

Hey Guys,

I do think I might need to find someone to talk to. I'm married, no kids yet, but the straign of trying to seem okay all the time is eating at me. I want to be a great Mom if and when I get pregnant one day. Hubby is starting to talk about it more and more...I would love a child but not like I am now.

Thanks for making me feel welcome Guys. I'm sorry if I ramble. I do feel I can say anything here though. I gather a lot of sanity from the support at this forum.

5. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Excellent, glad you are feeling more positive Jecie. Wearing a mask all the time does get tiring. It's nice to come here and be open about how you are feeling.

6. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

hope you feel better.