I'm stuck

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Lebe, Jul 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lebe

Lebe Well-Known Member

Hi my names leah and im 15.
    i wasn't recently diagnosed with depression.
    Im gradually getting by but its been hard.
    I've seen 5 deaths. 1 cancer. 1 MND. 2 car crashes. 1 self harming brother. Me self harming. Money problems. Heart attacks. And all in 15 years.

But now im stuck. I've met someone. I like him alot. He says he likes me.
    Tomorrow i said i would meet up with him. I really want to but my friends say no dont.

He's 28.

Im stuck with my feelings and i cant tell my parents.
  2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

I don't know what the law where you live is regarding someone like you (under 16 or 18) being in a relationship with someone of an adult age if the age difference is as much as you said it was (13 years difference). If someone could clarify, that would be very much appreciated.

Anyways, welcome to the forum Leaah :) I'm honoured to be the first to welcome you formally :D
  3. Lebe

Lebe Well-Known Member

there isn't really a law just im underage and its frowned upon coz people will think of him as a pedo :(

Hi Mr.Alex :D
  4. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hiya :)

If you really think there might be a lifelong, deep connection that might develop between you two over time, then maybe it's worth pursuing.

If others think he might be using you or other things that aren't very nice, then others can think what they want, but love happens between people of all ages. I just hope you don't let it get between you two. I'd just worry about the law about anything you two might do that could be illegal.

I've pondered about relationships with great age disparities, and I'm open to them and don't see anything wrong with them in most circumstances (unless prepubescents are involved, etc.). I once heard about a movie that had two people thirty years of age apart that had a lifelong relationship. :)

Just my two cents. :hugtackles:

Anyways, I wish you well.
  5. jkeller4000

jkeller4000 Well-Known Member

hm, i would say if this is your first time meeting him, please bring a friend with you,
  6. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Joe brings up a great point. Good job, Joe!

I didn't think about the circumstances of your meeting and where you're meeting. Hope you think this through and make sure to stay safe. Be sure to keep us in the loop about how it goes if you decide to go :)
  7. Lebe

Lebe Well-Known Member

i will let you know tomorrow x
  8. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

Im sorry, this just seems to big a difference, especially at your age.
    I know that's not what you want to hear. Please be careful and meet in a public place, and understand that this should not be a physical relationship for years.
  9. Verity

Verity Member

I agree I am very against that age difference Im 21 and I know about this stuff first hand maybe u should write me in an IM sometime.. on the depression side I know about that but trust me, the best way to cure that is within you not a guy of any age doll. :) :hugtackles:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.