I'm such a loser when it comes to this!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by SaraRose, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

I figured that I'd just see if I was ever able to think of dating again. Mainly because I am the loser that can't seem to do anything right. I've tried dating sites, talking to people, flirting, asking about dates. Yet I always get shot down. Or when people ask me I get so freakin scared at the thought of what if it works that I run away.

I figure I'm always gonna be alone. I don't wanna be though. But yeah...
  2. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

don't think like that. It takes time to find the right person. You just have to keep looking. You never know when you are going to find the special someone. Keep looking.
  3. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

I was a complete fool when I was young. I just couldn't get any dates. I kissed a couple of girls when I was drunk, but that was it. At that time I never thought dating is something you can learn. But anyway, later on I discovered that you can actually learn to be a good fun date. I recommend reading some good books about love, relationships, dating, and sex. Any good big bookstore will do. I think it'll make a difference.

The thing is, some people have role-models like their parents all their life. That's where they learn how to be around the opposite sex. But my parents basically married a divorce. It was completely empty, arguing all the time. So I had to learn it an other way. Plz don't give up hope; there's so much you can learn about dating and love.
  4. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Well, you're definitely not alone.

I haven't even been on a single date ever in my life… well, not a real-type date anyways. I think back in school it was always easier because nobody had any money and there were always reasons to spend time together… now I don't have any reasons so I don't really get to know anyone except through work… and there's not a lot of options there.

Approaching people just flat out is too scary and I always feel like I'm going to come off as being really creepy… and I'm just too awkward and nervous to approach people in any other way. I'm not even looking for someone who looks a certain way I mostly just want a smart kind of nerdy girl who isn't too intimidating/full of herself, likes science fiction and is easy to live with… but with each passing year I'm getting ever so close to making a trip to Thailand and marrying someone who wants a green card or something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.