1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm suicidal and need help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by greyrainbow, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyrainbow

greyrainbow Guest

I'm very suicidal. I attempted suicide when I was 18 by overdosing on pill, but my parents found me and that's why I'm still here today. I am currently very suicidal again, more so than before. I have chosen a date and how I'm going to do it. There is a small part of me that wants and needs help. So I want to act on it before it's to late.

I do not have any medical insurance. Is there any low cost or free places that I can go and get help? I don't want to be in a lot of debt for the rest of my life. (I know someone will say, better to be in debt than dead. I agree but it's not fun and it's one of my current issues.)

I live in California, the bay area. If someone can refer me to a place or send me some links, I would GREATLY appreciate it!! Please help me.

:sad:

2. Don't Follow

Don't Follow Member

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

In the Bay area, there are many free or at cost clinics...The U Cal at San Francisco, at San Fran General Hospital is one place; The Mental Health Services Alliance, at www.mha-sf.org is very effective...here are also some community services: Adolescent Mental Health Service · (415) 750-5649 · 450 Stanyan St, San Francisco
    Mental Health Association · (415) 421-2926 · 870 Market St Ste 928, San Francisco
    San Francisco Mental Health · (415) 552-8100 · 1095 Market St Ste 618, San Francisco

I love the Bay area and almost moved to Pacific Heights several yrs ago...keep asking about services...there are many in your area

big hugs and best of luck, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.