I'm Telling My Mom

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PinkiePieInTheSky, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this, but here I go.

If I don't lose the nerve, I'm going to send an email to my Mom telling her that I am deeply depressed, and I'll send it tonight.
    When we were talking today, she told me that some people you wouldn't expect it of are struggling with depression, and gave an example of a person she knew who was having trouble getting out of bed.

I almost told her then, but I decided against it.

So, wish me luck :). It's scary. I know I need to tell my parents sometime, but it still doesn't make this easy.

2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Sending some very big hugs for you. If you chose to send the email then please do post what her response is
    :hugtackles::grouphug::hug: :arms:

3. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Good luck! You are very brave as it's not an easy thing to do. I hope you recieve good support from your mom :hug:

4. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement :)

It went well.
    Now, I didn't tell her about having been suicidal, but I did how that I was deeply depressed.

She offered to go on a walk down the road to give us some time to talk.
    And we're scheduled to go to our chiropractor this Wednesday. She thinks that they might be able to help with my chemical balance. I'm fairly skeptical of them, but I'm willing to try.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am so glad you told her. And am glad she is so wanting to help. While you did not tell her that you are suicidal, you may want to tell someone that the depression is not mild. That why she can find better ways to help. I personally do tell well chosen professionals that I want to die but will not ever do anything to take my life. That way they know the depression is fairly severe. But I do not send them into panic mode.

Just fyi, I have heard from someone I trust that in her expereince of helping people, death from suicide does more harm than good. And she was being neutral. She was not trying to convince me to stay alive. She was answering my question to her. It confirmed what a friend had heard from someone she trusts. Same info. I do not think its a viable answer. Even though I still long to be gone. The option to take my life is no longer a viable one. Simply because I do not want to risk making things even worse. I hope my words help in some way. But it may be way TMI. If so, sorry. Again, so glad you told your mom. You rock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.