I'm the useless idiot, eh?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by KittyGirl, May 19, 2010.

1. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

-____- honestly...
    My mom's boyfriend completely ignores and looks down on me and continuously complains about how lazy and useless I am. I don't have a job right now... but I'm STILL paying my portion of the rent- and I've worked since I was 15; paying half the rent and utilities AND paying for my own education. Has his daughter done that? no.
    She went through highschool without a job; with low grades. Took a year off after highschool- not working; and finally started working a minimum wage job last year... not planning to go to college. He still seems to trate her like a fucking princess and I'm a piece of shit.

He's downstairs right now with his princess; installing a door. Anyone who knew how to actually install a door properly would be BAFFLED at how he is doing it...
    I went down to get my laundry quickly-- he and his princess glared at me and told me to go away...
    They were nailing sidelights to the doorframe...
    yes.
    I was always the one to do any type of handywork at home. Mom could even do a much better job than him. It's common fucking sense!
    He just grew up a pampered rich boy who paid someone whenever he needed something done- and yet; he still acts like he's better than any of us even though now he's flat broke.
    Get a grip, man!!
    All he would have to do is ask either of us and we could tell him step by step how to install that door. It's not a big deal...

I'm going to sit in my room quietly for the rest of the day- with my door locked- and pretend that I'm not a useless slug.

2. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

:hug:

You're most definitely not a useless slug. The fact that you pay your own portion of the rent, for college and are quite handy around the house puts you so far ahead of so many people your age. Heck, I don't have to pay the rent and I live at home with my parents.

No offense, but your mom's boyfriend sounds like a dick. I don't understand the point of creating such unnecessary tension by calling you useless. Besides being a false statement its damaging for anyone on the receiving end. Families should be welcoming and kind to each other. Yea.....serious dick of a boyfriend....no offense.

Maybe you could use a change of scenery? Why stay in your room? Try getting out for a couple of hours. Weather is gorgeous today!

3. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Gah I hate people like that. They just don't accept the fact that they are useless so they pretend everyone else is useless. I am sorry you have to live in such a hostile situation. :hug: you are not useless, hell you sound more useful than me and I am employeed.

Anyway, feel better.

4. KittyGirl

I know... he is a total douche- mom's been planning to leave him for a long time, but we don't have the money together to move out yet.

I'd go outside but I'm kind of freaking out a bit... it's so close to the weekend and already- the town is swarming with tourists. bleh

5. Forgotten_Man

God damn tourists, I hate them too... thank god there are not major holidays for a whole other week.

6. KittyGirl

lol-- well... unfortunately, where I live now, since college classes are out- it will be crowded and noisy and overrun with tourists from this weekend until the second week of September.

...I hate this town.

7. Forgotten_Man

Gah :i'm sorry: I hate tourists, they get in the way all the time. I guess that is why I try to not travel. I hate tourists so I try not to be one.

8. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

heh, the "eh" at the end of your title is sooo Canadian. lol

9. KittyGirl

I dunno... it sounds alot better than saying "huh" to me.
    Huh sounds kinda like a southern hick to be honest XD