I'm thinking about doing it.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Slushburgh, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slushburgh

Slushburgh New Member

I'm having suicidal thoughts, and it doesn't sound like a bad idea. It's not like anybody would care if I disappeared. My parents are always fighting and I still live with them so I can't escape it. I also don't have many friends and the few ones I have aren't even close to me so it's not like me going away will change anything.

2. JustSam

JustSam Well-Known Member

It won't mean much, but from a stranger, I do get that. And I won't argue you, maybe your life is pretty sucky at the moment. But, even at the present, you have more of an impact that you know. And you have no idea what's in store for you in the future. What new experiences, people that you'll meet and help. The possibilities are sincerely endless, no matter what worth you label yourself. Things will be different. And you can't pass that up. You're worth not passing up.

3. Struggler_

Struggler_ Active Member

Gonna have to agree with JustSam. Life may be awful right now -- it may be as bad as you can imagine it could possibly be -- but what about tomorrow? Or the day after? You can't know what the next day will bring. It's hard sticking with it, I know. But if the only thing keeping you going is the possibility of what the next day may bring, that's more than enough if you ask me. Don't let what is likely going to be a very brief moment in your life decide what the rest of your life will be or will not be.

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Slushburgh, welcome to SF :) You think nothing will change if you 'go away'...... but sometimes our thoughts are not accurate and don't represent reality to us properly. You are young enough to start a wonderful, clean slate with new enthusiasm, and wise enough to be reaching out for some help and support as to how to do this, so well done! Your future will not just be more of your past, when you have gained insights that you haven't met yet - and they are all out there waiting to be mined. Like gold and diamonds, they don't lie around on the surface waiting to be stumbled over (I wish!)..... they have to be dug for, and this is the challenge of life and our human existence.
    I am very sorry to hear that your parents are always fighting..... Here's a suggestion: maybe next time they fight, try asking them an empowering question, which will help them to see what they are doing to the atmosphere you all have to live in. I can just about guarantee that they won't be expecting it, and it might just shock them out of their 'usual'.......... something like: "Mom and Dad - What's going to become of us as a family if we can only resort to fighting and raised voices in order to be heard?........ It does terrible things to the atmosphere around here"...... etc.

You are totally within your rights to say this to your folks..... they are responsible for protecting you and providing a home environment that's conducive to everyone's happiness. If you say it in a loving, soothing yet determined way, they might get the wake-up call they're needing. :) Good luck with it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.