I'm thinking about ODing...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ColdSummer, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdSummer

ColdSummer Well-Known Member

Due to several reasons no one knows about my depression and other stuff I deal with and there is no way my family would believe me. And I now have no friends. I have nothing, I'm too scared to get a job and my school work grades aren't fantastic, and all this is happening while I'm suffering in silence. I literally have NO ONE no one no one! :sad: Just a few people online...

Anyway!
    I have 2 packets of prescription pills (not mine!) and I know they are strong things (heart related ones). I want to take them, I'm not sure if I'd take them all or not, but something has to be done. I tried counselling and doctors and whatever but with no one to comfort me or to tell it's VERY hard on my own. I think if I ODed, i hate to say this...but then someone might take me seriously and if something goes wrong in the process then so be it!

I'd like to hear from anyone who has ODed before, or whoever x

2. Do not OD.
    If you want someone to take you seriously, tell them to take you seriously, don't OD or do anything else drastic.

A friend of mine OD'ed and he died. He didn't want to die. But he did.

It takes sometimes alot to kill you, but other times it can be just a small amount that can be fatal. It reacts differently to different people.

You can suffer from long term damage.
    You could die painfully and slowly, through organ failure.
    I doubt you want that.

Don't OD.

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

coldsummer, don't do it. you don't have to attempt to be taken seriously.

sounds like you are not getting treatment for depression as you say nobody knows you are depressed. please ask for some help.

the path you choose is up to you, but for many people therapy combined with meds, and other supports, like relaxation or art therapy (and other stuff) will help you recover your desire for life. it can take alot of hard work, though, once you start to think about suicide.

for emergencies there is always the hotline. they are there 24/7 and are genuinely interested in helping you get through this. please do not give up.

4. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

PLease don't od in order for someone to take you seriously as you could end up with more problems and if you succeed noone can help you. Speak to a doctor or a helpline and tell them exactly how you are feeling.
    I've od many times and think about it constantly and I can't say I won't try again but my point is I've damaged my body because of it mainly my kidneys which don't function properly and nothing can be done about it. I have to face the prospect of dialysis and maybe a transplant at some time and its not a nice thought knowing that someone may have to die in order to gie me a life especially when I caused the damage myself not sure how I feel about that one. All I'm saying is think twice about this as you may well end up in an even worse place than before
    :hug:

5. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

Hun, ODing won't help, it could make things worse. It damages your organs :(

There are other ways to be heard, other than ODing.

When I ODed, my parents hated me and have never trusted me since and they treat me differently. Its really not worth it

Take care, and feel free to PM me :hug:

6. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Geez, sounds like my life that you posted.

But I really should tell you that OD'ing is not a good idea. You really shouldn't, and don't need to. 80% of the time, you'll end up just messing yourself up and making your life worse.

Stop while you're ahead, and see if you can get some help with your thoughts :sad:.

7. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

ColdSummer, OD'ing hardly ever works, and it usually ends up damaging your organs, it's not pleasant at all. I know it seems like it's the best and only option for everything, but it's not. If you want people to take you seriously, your best bet is to find someone who will take you seriously. My PM box is open if you need to talk. :hug:

8. -Yurimaru-

-Yurimaru- Member

I've ODed. It isn't a good idea, seriously. I really regret doing it now, and it didn't have any positive effects. You don't need to make an attempt to be taken seriously - the fact that you're considering it at all is enough to suggest that you have a condition which needs treatment. I was lucky and didn't do myself any major damage, but you don't know the effect the drugs will have on your body - it's really really unpredictable, and you may end up doing major damage to your organ systems.

I think maybe the best thing would be to try and seek medical treatment for your depression? It may take a little while, but chances are you'll find something (anti-depressants, talking therapies etc) which helps.

Sorry if that ^ is a bit rambly and repetitive. If you want to talk, just send me a message. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.