I'm thinking of killing myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by strings, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strings

strings New Member

I feel alone. My mother died of a drug overdose in april and I blame myself in my own way. I have had trouble dealing with it and because of this my girlfriend of two years just left me. I feel like I have no one left and am thinking of just ending it. I always try to be a good person and it just doesn't work out.....
  2. Robin

Robin Guest

Well you certainly don't sound like a bad person :) Where would you be now if you were the good person you think you should be?
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Are you getting treatment? If not, please make an appointment with a doctor right away.

These things are hard to work through but we're here for you to turn to.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum..

I'm sorry for your loss. I think you should see a counsellor ,they can help you cope and get you through this without feeling so alone :hug:
  5. strings

strings New Member

My mother might have cleaned up and I wouldn't have lashed out at my girlfriend and she wouldn't have dumped me

Thank you
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Losing someone you love is always a very difficult thing. When they die for other reasons than natural causes, you will find it is quite common for people to blame themselves. It is not you fault your mom overdosed. Have you sought any type of grief counseling? It might not be such a bad idea considering the circumstances. Give yourself time to come to terms with things. it has not been all that long. :hug:
  7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

It was you Mom's responsibility to clean up. I'm an alcoholic and it was my responsibility to get sober. I got help to do that in AA. You are responsible for the things you said to your girlfriend.

I have not always spoken well to other people and when it gets to the point where I'm lashing out, I get help, just like I did to get sober.

Keep posting here, we'll walk with you through this. :hug:
  8. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm really sorry for your loss. But it wasn't your fault. I really hope you can get some grief counseling.

Please keep posting here, keep talking to us!
  9. strings

strings New Member

Thank you. How do I stop feeling so angry all the time?
  10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Are you angry at anyone or anything in particular?

Maybe venting would help, or trying to find a healthy release for the anger. A way to let it out that doesn't end up hurting you or anyone else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.