I'm thinking of taking my life

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Loco, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loco

Loco Member

I'm surprised there is this forum for this sort of thing. I'm looking for a little bit of help. Maybe some advice. I've read about how <Mod edit - Acy - Methods>. I'm scared to do it. I don't even know why I want to do it. Anyone know what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2011
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, Loco. I took out the specific method you named - we're pro-life here on SF, so we don't allow methods to be discussed. You will not find help in how to harm yourself in any way. :hug:

Sounds like it's hard times for you if you feel suicidal without even understanding where that's coming from. Have you talked to a professional about this? You could a physical problem that is making you depressed, or you could have frank depression. Depression can be treated and it's important to get treatment. When we are depressed, our brain chemistry is wonky and we feel bad and down out of proportion to the setbacks or problems we might have. With treatment, we can begin to resolve the problems and get over the feeling and suicidal ideas that come from the depression.

Has it been a really busy time for you? A lot of new changes? Perhaps a few setbacks all one after another? Just ideas to think about. But do go to your family doctor and get a physical and tell him/her about the ideas of suicide you've had.

Thinking of you, and hoping you're already feeling better. :hug:

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Loco, welcome :hug:

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun you are just depressed hun depression causes these thoughts to happen You don't want to die you want the darkness the sadness to leave the pain to leave
    Keep posting ok reach out here make some friends You will see that you are not so much alone here hun people care hugs

5. Loco

Loco Member

Thanks for all your nice comments and advice. I'm going to see the doctor about a cold. I think I'll bring it up. You might be right about depression fogging up my brain. Medication might be the answer. I hope it works. Are all of you suicidal too?

6. total eclipse

I can say many of us yes have had those thoughts and some of us are still fighting them hun but with some help support thoughts are less.

7. brunswick

brunswick Active Member

hi, i'm a newbie
    what's <Mod edit - Acy - Methods>?
    or shouldn't I ask?

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Loco,
    I know how you feel, I've been suicidal since I was thirteen and am fifty five now.. It takes a daily battle to fight those thoughts..With meds you can take off the edge so you aren't so down..Get out side and take a walk when you are really down the freshh air and exercise helps release endorphins in your mind..

9. total eclipse

That mean moderator has gone in and take a method out of your post as this is against rules okay

10. brunswick

brunswick Active Member

oh, ok, many thnaks.

11. brunswick

brunswick Active Member

hi, i dunno if this is going to be any help but....

there's this lady called byron katie
    you can check her out at youtube
    or google her
    anyway, she was so depressed she couldn't get off the floor she was lying on
    until she realized it was her thoughts that were pulling her down
    she then realised she is not her thoughts, nor her emotions

according to her (and i agree)
    our thoughts come of their own accord
    our minds are always active
    sometimes they give us a good interpretation of what's out there
    but sometimes, they are over-reactions that come from our own insecurities
    they give rise to and respond to our emotions
    but who we are are not the thoughts nor the emotions
    we are the consciousness that are aware of ourselves
    and of these thoughts and emotions

so, we can choose to follow our thoughts
    or question them
    are our thoughts giving us a good or true picture of reality
    she has this method where you question your thoughts
    and raise up alternative thoughts and test which best reflect reality
    she found that when you do this
    you reach a place of peace and tranquility

according to her, if you do this
    you will find that while pain is real
    suffering is optional

i find this very helpful
    though not as easy to do as it looks
    anyways, here's my twocents

12. Loco

Loco Member

Hey, thanks for all the support guys. I think it might be possible to ignore my depression. Maybe I can just shut it out like you say brunswick. I don't know why I'm thinking about suicide so it makes sense that it's all in my head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.