I'm tired of all the evil!

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Øyvind, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

Let me explain the Norwegian school system to you:

Child school: 6/7 years old to 12/13 years old.

Youth School: 12/13 to 15/16

"Vidergående": 15/16 to 18/19.

I go to a "vidergående" for people with mental problems or with a history in psychiatric care. That ranges from people who have simply attempted suicide to actual diagnoses.You won't find any people with "heavy" mental problems here, the people who go to this school are relatively sane. It's voluntary, of course, the government doesn't put you in this school as soon as you bump into psychiatric care.
    The purpose of this school is that people who struggle in life can get through their education in a safe place, without the social struggles of an ordinary "vidergående".

A safe place it is not. Every single person I've met at this school is one or both of these:

1) Pro sexualization.

2) A ***** well you can guess what those *'s mean.

The people who go to my school are not "outcasts" as one would think, but the people who create outcasts. People who go to nightclubs, bully, make degrading comments about someones physical appearance(although not about people who go to the school, as if that somehow makes them nice) separate people into "good looking" and "ugly", have sex with strangers,and invade personal boundaries by being extremely vulgar and talking about sex.

As if that wasn't enough, they want society to be sexualized further.
    In Norway we recently had a TV-show called "Trekant" (Threesome), which thought youth about sex techniques, went into graphic detail (they talked about "swallowing", for example) and had as goal to sexualize the country further. Everyone I've met at this school defended this show.

To have sex with a stranger is among the worst things a person could do. To have sex with someone that they don't know-and that for all they do know, could be the worst person in the world- because of the strangers looks and other superficial things, is pure evil.
    These fellow students of mine do not attempt to hide that they have done, and are doing these things.

I meet a new student, hope that this one is a good person, and then no.

How, just how, can it be that the school for people who struggle in life, is just a big gathering of *****s and bullies? Not one person who really should be there. Just people who send people there to begin with! You'd think I was in a comedy films, this shouldn't be possible, people!

So this school is no different from regular "vidergående"; they're all *****s and bullies. The management should just take their time to see who the people they take in are. Just have a look at their Facebook page, their blog, whatever. And don't take in anyone like the current students!
    And if someone starts talking about "fucking" or partying or make negative comments about peoples looks, expell them! I came to this school to get away from this stuff! To get away from these types of people!
    The school serves no purpose.
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Sounds pretty standard to me, at least with that type of school.

I was sent to a very small school designed for "at risk" teens and ones with mental problems.

The student body is about the same as you describe.

It's really just a way to keep all the students who statistically cause problems, be they mentally ill or just douchebags, in a smaller environment so they can be better kept an eye on.

It's not for the sake of the students, it's for the sake of the faculty.
  3. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

Well I dont think that's the reasoning here. It's a school, not a group of studens pulled out of class.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2011
  4. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

Bump. Always relevant. And I know "a comedy films" is gramatically incorrect
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Well, to me, it sounds like regular higher education. You get pretty much anywhere. People at school are less inhibited. Because in school there is a boundary that cannot be crossed at home. It's a free for all essentially at school.

Don't take sexualization as a negative. Going to extremes is what's wrong. The faculty should weed out any students that can handle going to a regular school. These overly sexed students can function outside of your school, regardless of mental state.

Bring it up with your teachers. But don't be dictatorial about it. That will only cause problems. See what your teachers suggest.
  6. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

I also went to a specialized school for teens with issues.. some had issues with those things and a lot more had issues with destroying property and attacking other people physically..

And honestly I didn't really do much better there because of the constant fear of every day specific people would attack staff as well as clients.. Similar to some residential facilities I had been to..

Then I guess another issues was the actual school work wasn't even to my grade level..

So I guess I am trying to say I can sorta understand your frustration.. And I wish they had better systems both there and here..