I'm tired of being sad

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by palmtrees, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

I really don't have anyone in my life to say "I'm really not doing very well right now". My family has heard it too many times for it to have any meaning anymore and they don't even understand what they could do to help me. I'm not close enough with any of my friends, emotionally or geographically, to have any kind of support system. I guess I can tell my therapist but then I'll just get hospitalized or whatever, try new meds, try new bullshit therapy techniques, same thing that's happened for two years with no results. Nobody notices when I stop talking to them because they assume I don't talk very much in the first place and nobody can tell when my emotions are low because my face doesn't show it. There's really only one person I care about and I'm not going to get to be with her.

I'm set to finally kill myself this Friday. Sometimes it's good to postpone it a few days like this because your emotions might improve, but Friday nights really get to me for some reason. I don't think I'm going to feel better by then.
  2. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

you're right you should hold off on doing anything like that...you WILL feel better and be glad you didn't go through with it.No one ever regretted not killing themselves..in time things WILL improve.Don't need to think about what you should do to improve your life right now..just focus on the fact that these bad feelings do not last...and do what you can to comfort yourself.When you have the flu you treat yourself to chicken soup...so what can you do to feel better right now?I hope you are ok..take care..and we are here.I am sometimes not very active but I try to keep up.
  3. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

The fact that you recognize that things could change between now & friday says that you know there still is hope. If your mind set was completely 100% on dying you wouldn't have thought twice about it otherwise. So that's good, because your mind could change by tomorrow.

You have us here to talk to. We are your support system :love:
  4. i hear you about fridays, man. during the week you have stuff to worry about if you're in school or working, but even if you aren''t youre in the habit of it. friday nights and the weekends are when everyone else in the world is out there living and being happy and you arent

i like your username palm trees
  5. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support... :) I will try to make it through to the weekend...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.