• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Practical Advice I'm tired of feeling like this

I never really thought of this as something to talk about but i want to get this off my chest as im just tired of feeling like pure crap 24/7... i just despise myself i've been feeling like crap for days because of how i look and my body size.. my aunt taunts me about this calling me names and saying things about me like calling me "ugly" "ugly bitch" "Fat ass" or "fat bitch" or saying that i have body dysmorphia and that because im ugly i cause horrible things to happen in me and my families lives...

That's why i try to avoid looking at myself in photos or in the mirror because it makes me either want to cry or just gag or throw up in general and whenever i see other girls that are "pretty" or "gorgeous" i just um feel as if i dont belong on earth.. like i feel like an alien.. i look like my dad seriously..

I'm just tired of feeling like this.. someone just please help and give me at least some advice because i'm tired and im getting this off my chest now so it doesn't feel like a burden to me.. and my aunt makes it worse too with her nasty comments

I'm sorry..

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
what your aunt is doing is horrible. please talk with your dad to make her stop. from what you're saying you probably aren't a super model. in fact without hours of prep supermodels aren't super models. the most important thing is to be the best person you can be on the inside.

of course do what you can to make yourself look better. the right make-up, clothes that flatter your body. but do it for you not for your aunt, a boy or anyone else. and remember super pretty girls are rare and most boys will look but not want to marry one.

if you can't start feeling better about yourself talk to your father and maybe a therapist will help you put things in perspective. and just to let you know how the typical male thinks, i dated unattractive girls and gorgeous knock outs when i was younger. but the woman i married was less than attractive but to me she is the most beautiful girl in the world and 42 years later still is. if you are beautiful inside that's what will attract males of all ages.

mike...*hug*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
i dont live with my mom or my dad.. i live with my grandparents and aunt
can you talk to your grandparents? also if you are in school some schools have some type of therapy available for students. even if you can't get therapy you have to try to evaluate yourself in a true light. you can't let people tear you down you need to see exactly what kind of person you are. remember looks are a small part of who you truly are. also looks are only temporary. and please talk with people here we care about you and will never put you down.

mike...*hug*shake

Sorry that you're going through this.

It sounds like the abuse you are dealing with is a big part of what's making you feel bad. Getting away from the environment you're in and getting therapy are probably the best options.

A school counselor, or a counselor at the National Child Abuse Hotline might be able to help. I'll put contact info for the NCAH here.

National Child Abuse Hotline

www.childhelp.org is the webiste of the National Child Abuse Hotline. Their phone number is 1-800-4-ACHILD. It looks like they have a live chat option with a professional staffer via their website.

The last thing that I remember you posting about was that you thought you were going to have to go live with your mom, and you were worried about that. It could be that living with your mom would make things better, but it might make things worse depending on what that environment is like. Talking things over with a counselor might help you evaluate whether living with your mom might be a step up or a step down, and whether you'd have the option to go back to your grandparents.

If you can't leave or decide not to leave your grandparents, making a plan to spend as much time as possible away from them (and your aunt) might help. Once Covid lifts, you might be able to spend more time in after-school programs, or maybe going to the library.

I hope something can help.

It's like i can't really go outside anymore because i feel as if i'll get humiliated by other "gorgeous" women and online i can hide.. and my aunt makes my feelings worse with her nasty comments.. i just wish she'd stop and i wish other people would calling me ugly or insinuating i am ugly so i dont feel bad about myself..

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
It's like i can't really go outside anymore because i feel as if i'll get humiliated by other "gorgeous" women and online i can hide.. and my aunt makes my feelings worse with her nasty comments.. i just wish she'd stop and i wish other people would calling me ugly or insinuating i am ugly so i dont feel bad about myself..
nobody should treat you that way, ever. i'm sorry you have to go through that.

mike...*hug*shake

Livelife

SF Supporter
Abusive nastiness that is all around you in your home. You DO NOT deserve a moment of it. And also if anyone outside your home exhibits humiliating behavior towards you, they are NOT gorgeous in any way shape or form.*hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00