im tired of my mother

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by sadhart, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

she wants me to open up to her, but when I do she acts cold. she is so vindictive.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

She does not know how to respond thus she goes cold and uncaring I am sorry she is not able to be supportive for you
  3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I always had a similar issue with my mother. She thought we were the best of friends, but in reality I could never tell her anything because she just couldn't - or wouldn't - deal with it and would change the subject.

I have recently had to stop speaking to her because of her manipulative behaviour. It hurts me a lot that she won't try to change her behaviour and would rather lose her daughter, but I just couldn't cope with it anymore.

I really hope you can speak to your mother about this and have the relationship you want with her.
  4. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

She sounds as if sge wants to listen but doesnt know quite how to express herself.

Maybe trying again but slowly introduce what it is that concerns you, but by bit.
  5. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

Hoestly I am just tired of trying to deal with her and this one sided family.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.