I'm tired of trying to hang on to a life I hate

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Donna in leeds, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi my name is Donna, I don't know why i'm here..I need help but don't know where to trun..medication is not working. wish I could just end it all now. I feel like nobody listens and nobody cares.. death would be a sweet release..but I can't even do that right. I know I should talk to somebody but I can't pick up the phone..don't know what to say to make people understand how bad things are..
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

HI you i am listening to you and i care. I am sorry your meds are not working for you You need to talk to your doctor then okay get them changed i had to do that and now i am on meds that work. I too find it hard to phone people it usually takes me about 5 times to let it ring through but i am glad i do eventually because the people on the other end are kind okay crisis line they listen and they give you good advice on how to calm down how to get help.
    You can pm me anytime to okay You did good to reach out here but please reach out and get help in real world too hugs
  3. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Hi there, and welcome to SF.

Knowing what to say to get across to people just how crappy you feel can be so difficult. I sometimes wonder how I am supposed to tell someone else how I feel when I can't get it properly straight inside my own head. :hug: Even just saying what you have said to us would be a start though. Sometimes, all it takes is the right question, and you find it easy to tell people. Please keep on talking to us.
  4. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Welcome to sf! I hope you find the support you are looking for. If you ever need anything or just need a friend feel free to PM me anytime. :hug: Take care!
  5. After I posted here I phoned the crisis line...They talked to me until I mananged to get a grip on things..they've visited me this morning and are coming tonight with some meds to help me..They have also arranged for a review with my Psych and health team in the morning to look at my meds..They want me to go into hospital again or at least attend the acute therepy day hospital. I know I would be better off in the hospital while i'm feeling so low but I hate it in there. It would also mean my son would have to go into care ..and he doesn't want to go to strangers. And I worry they might take him off me...and he's the only thing that keeps me going!! I try holding it together for his sake, if he was not here, there would be no point in trying to get better. But I have been ill for a few years now and i'm still suffering..I get bad days and ok days..but I never get any GOOD days. I just want to be happy like everybody else and not keep shutting myself away from the world. But I cannot find the strength to do it.
  6. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Welcome to the forum.
    Many here understand and are parents too.
    Please, make some posts, maybe read some too.
    I love my children with all my heart, but that does not make it any easier, in fact i think it makes it harder.
    Please, stay safe, stay strong and stay loved.
    Regards Pete
  7. BornFree

BornFree Well-Known Member

Hi Donna
    Nice to meet you.
    Sorry things aren't so good at the moment. Its good they are going to review your meds, you deserve to feel better and maybe with the right meds you can have more better days.
    I am a parent too and struggle on a daily basis. Its so hard trying to be strong for our children, but hope it helps to know you are not alone and there are others on here with similar feelings.
    Take care of yourself, you're important too and remember we can only try our best.
    P.M. if you ever wanna talk.

8. takencontrol

takencontrol Well-Known Member

hey honey, welcome to sf and sorry your feeling so bad just now. well done for making that call that was a very brave thing to do. i know how hard it is to do that and actually say how bad you feel. i too have kids, i have 4 girls aged between 15 and 8 and your right sometimes they are the only thing that keeps you going, but also they make you feel trapped and sometimes resentful. it takes time for the meds to work once you get the right ones, im currently trying a combination and trying to be patient but its very hard when you feel so bad. we are all here for you just reach out to us for support. you can pm anytime, take care :hug:
  9. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Donna.

Welcome to SF. You've taken a step by posting here. I'm sure that as you find the words to say here, you will discover ways to say what you need to say in "RL", too. You can use us as a sounding board. There are lots of very good listeners and people who understand how you feel here on SF.

Take care and stay safe.

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

hi donna, welcome :hug:
    Is it possible you could ask your doctor to change your medication, it some time takes a while to find the right one for you.
  11. Thank you all for your replies. I have now been admited to the acute day hospital for review. They have taken my medication away from me in case I try to overdose on it, and are just giving me what I need when I need it! I still feel really down and suicidal and not happy about having to go to the day hospital every day. I want to to feel normal again..not just get pass my crisis. I've been there and done that..and i'm back at square one again. It's just one big circle i'm tired of going around in circles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.