I'm Tired

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mooch74, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooch74

mooch74 Well-Known Member

I have just about had it with life. I am 37 years old and have been through just about everything and can't take anymore. I have lost both my parents, been screwed out of several jobs, had to endure the constant burden of aging grandmother who just passed away recently, have no "true" friends (only people that use and take advantage of me, but don't care whether I live or die) and am constantly forced to have everyone's perfect life of wealth and ease thrown in my face.
    Oh, I didn't even mention about my so-called long distance girlfriend who also lives a perfect life with a great job (lawyer earning a quarter mil a year), who thinks I am a joke and laughs at me all the time. I just want to end it. Everyone has it easier than me and like my title says, I'm just tired and can't deal with anything anymore.
  2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I think that a lot of people fake happiness because it has become something that people compete over intensely. It's almost as if people are more concerned with seeming happy than actually being happy.

If these people were really so happy, they wouldn't be so busy trying to make other people jealous of them.

I very much doubt that your gf has a perfect life. sounds to me like she is a faker.

I would think that someone with a perfect life would try to love and support their bf. someone who would try to torment someone that they are in a relationship with sounds like someone who is extremely warped and dysfunctional, not someone with a perfect life

maybe you should dump her? perhaps you could explain that you would like to have someone in your life that really cares about and supports you instead of trying to tear you down

what makes someone happy is actually pretty well understood. the basic ingredients are good health, good relationships, something to do with your time (ideally something that you like to do), and to have your basic material needs met. beyond the level necessary to meet your basic material needs, money isn't that important

people in some countries that are much, much poorer than the us are are actually much happier. for example, costa rica
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum, I'm sorry you feel this way. Do you think there's anything to live for?
  4. notmyyear

notmyyear Member

Well said.
  5. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

thank you! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.