I'm tired

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by xoCherie, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

I really have never been able to put my thoughts into words, why? Maybe there are no words, or maybe I just don’t know what I’m thinking, but what I do know is that I’m tired. I’m tired of living through today only to get to tonight, where I spend my time thinking about how badly I don’t want tomorrow. I’m tired of spending my life looking for that occasional glimpse of light among the dark, when you, and I, both know the world is just getting darker. I feel like there used to be something to look forward too, like coming home to your family, going to build a tree house, playing tag with your neighborhood friends, and now the highlight of my day is ranting on tumblr to people that don’t even know who I am, hell, I don’t even know who I am. I’m tired of being sick and tired and hating myself, and everything around me, and I’m tired of the only happiness I feel, because it’s always temporary, and only comes around when I’m with a friend or two, and not even how It used too. If you’re one of the people that actually read to this point, I know I’m not the only one, I know that I’m probably just another depressed teenager, that’s not the point.

The point is that I’m done being tired, people can tell each other how tired they are of everything but it’s still one big room of tired people. It’s not fair that something that was shown to us to be this beautiful is now so dark.

I’m sorry for the people that grew up with hopes like I did, and found out the world was hopeless.
  2. Severijn

Severijn Well-Known Member

Hey xoCherie.

I don't if you're up to it, but helping yourself overcome your depression can work. When I had depression I read a lot of books. Maybe this can help you to. Take a look at this list of example:

Going through life with depression is just terrible. I hope you find the strength to do something about it.

The thing with depression is that is changes some of your biggest beliefs about life. Sometimes these thoughts get so dark that they prevent you from seeking help. But that's all part of depression.

When you get over depression, you'll have more optimistic thoughts, and can enjoy life more. You deserve this; any human being deserve this basic happiness. Take care, and I hope you seek out some self-help or therapy. I think it can really help.
  3. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

The thing is...I thought I'd beaten it a month ago. I was having happy thoughts, was laughing, was enjoying life...and out of nowhere I just started slipping again. I'm sitting here now almost crying, don't know why. My head hurts and I feel...not numb, because that's an emotion in and of it's self...more empty, I guess. Floating
  4. EarToHelp

EarToHelp Member

This world is a very dark place, it is full of some nasty people... but also, it is full of light, and decent loving individuals, they are just hard to find.

There is A LOT of darkness, but if you search hard enough you can ignore it by focusing on the small fragments of light that occasionally show up. There is way too much to learn, and you need to find things that enjoy and flood yourself with it.

I personally use exercise and helping people as my light, and you need to find your light.
  5. twofeet

twofeet Well-Known Member

The thing about being tired is that when you tell people that you are, who have never
    experienced this degree of exhaustion, they say, "Well, maybe you should take Ambien
    or something," and its not that kind of tired. It's a vacuum in the blank spaces.
    It seems beyond choice or sleep or physical activity or therapy. It's a puttering
    like an old engine in the soul.

Still, I don't believe our room is a room of a 100% population oozing about with this
    100% tired depression. I've met enough of the people in this room to know that some
    of them have beat it to some degree. I don't know what works for others; I live with
    this tiredness most of every day right now, but I get up and go, create projects, call
    friends, study for exams. Even this is not a 100%-of-the-time hopelessness. I've been
    there. I live in tiny pieces like puzzle pieces, patting it together, noticing the design,
    peering out for the people who are finding reasons and answers.
  6. ames-ze

ames-ze New Member

You have just said exactly how I have been feeling. I have noticed that my depression has slowing started to consume me and every ounce of energy that I muster up. All I want to do is sleep because my dreams are so much better than the state of personal hate I am in when I am awake.
  7. laurah

laurah New Member

Hey,Dear,my situation also same as yours..I am having too much mental stress.I fed up of this life..I wanted to die..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.