im too old

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by rggkjg1, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Member

it's too late now. i'm too old to experience anything good that will change or "save" my life. screw all this. i've had enough of everything. i wish i could just die already.

2. Altruist

Altruist Active Member

As long as your alive you can do it. "if you can walk you can dance, if you can talk you can sing" cant remember where I saw that but thought of it when I read this. Never give up, not even at the end. Good luck!

3. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you feel so bad :hug: Do you want to tell us more about your situation and, what is making you feel so bad? Maybe we can help.... It's worth a try at least :)
    Please keep yourself safe and let us try.

Lea xx

4. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

you're not too old!
    one thing that tells me that is that you can obviously use a computer well enough, therefore you can't have gone senile! only then are you anywhere near too old to experience good things!
    do something tomorrow, something different, something out of routine that goes against what you're "supposed" to do. something that will give you a thrill. just do it. it'll make you feel better and more capable of taking risks and feeling good about yourself. then life will start again. you'll meet others more easily and feel happy more, because people love others that are happy too. it's just how things are. just by taking one small risk, life becomes that little bit better.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry you feel that way. You've come this far, don't give up now. :hug:

6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hey, i'm old. but. i figure this. . . if i made it THIS far. . maybe i have some coping mechanisms. . .? you too. (though i bet i'm older than you!) still. as we get older we do acquire wisdom. does that make life easier?

well, not for me. but. i noticed yesterday, on a walk out in the snow, that the river (mighty st. lawrence) was so beautiful, the sky so blue, the sun so bright....i had a thought of , the world has SO much beauty in it. and there is so much love. and. . . so much pain. but i want to live in it. i want to keep trying.
    maybe the pain, helps you to gain a perspective- to more easily appreciate the beauty?
    hold on. don't give up. stay here with us and we will all 'hunker down' and keep on trying. . .
    i care. :hug:

7. pensive1981

pensive1981 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. I hope you stick around - you sound like a nice person.

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

How old are you exactly rgg, if you don't mind my asking? I'm sure you're not that old, and even if you are, there's nothing wrong with being old. :eek:ld:

9. pensive1981

For sure! Look at how Eastwood just laid the smack down in Gran Torino!

10. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Member

i'll be 22 tommorow. i think i'm too old because people younger than me are experiencing and going though things i should have went through at that young age or i should have experienced/gone through things already. i'm not getting any younger, and getting older isn't exactly giving me any hope to improve my thoughts or life. if i haven't experienced anything i feel i should have by now, it will never happen.

11. pensive1981

Not true my friend. 22 is a great age to start playing catch up. You aren't that far behind the experience curve.

12. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I'm 51 and even though I'm depressed I'm certainly not too old so I don't see how you can be. You never know what is around the corner. Potentially you have so much ahead of you. Best wishes

13. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

Thats exatly how i feel and im 32 years old...you still have plenty of time to make your life good.....wish i could say the same about me:sad:

14. Nocturnal Ponderer

Nocturnal Ponderer Well-Known Member

22?

I was 30 yesterday and I start uni for the first time later this year. I'm giving up full time work for four years to get my degree. Do you think 34 is too old to graduate and start an entirely new career and then eventually start a family?

Hell no!! People point out to me all the time that "You're still young".........and I'm 30!

Listen, seriously, when I was 22 I was still very young in my outlook, quite immature, messing around in long term relationships which always ended, doing crappy jobs. I would LOVE to be 22 again.

My friend told me about his business mentor yesterday. He is 50 and studying for a degree, part time, and he has done one year and still has four more to go.

22 is incredibly young. You still have endless opportunities. Almost anything is possible. Don't sweat it about 22. Embrace age, it is incredibly powerful.

15. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'll be turning 28 on saturday, so I guess that makes me an old fart? :laugh: I still haven't experienced a lot of things many people my age have experienced, and does that bother me? Not at all my friend. It's ok if you take things slowly. Everyone goes through life at a different pace. Don't feel like life is leaving you behind. Take time and enjoy life. :hug:

16. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

:hug:
    my mom always told me that i was born 20.

sometimes i think that nothing will go right,
    but then again im only 15!

:hug: you still have your whole life ahead of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.