I'm turning Orange :\

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PandorasToybox, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Like the title says ... I'm turning orange .... well my skin has an orangy tint to it ...
  2. PandorasToybox

Ok I'm like lower body is like...yellowish, upper is more orange.. uhhh
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Eh,what? :blink:

Did you take something?
  4. PandorasToybox

Not anything that would turn me orange & yellow :huh:
  5. Petal

:eek:hmy: Go to the emergency room!
  6. PandorasToybox

I'm going tomorrow to have some tests ran sooo we'll see. Its just kinda funny cuz I keep shifting shades
  7. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Eat lots of carrots/tomatoes? :p....

Or taken and OD that could have messed up your liver?
  8. PandorasToybox

Probably the latter of the two .. I now its not carotenodermia, because I havent eaten anything to give me the hue. I guess tomorrows tests will tell?
  9. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Go to the ER. You can't wait and let liver damage, which I'm guessing you have, get any worse.
  10. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Agree with above/just checked several health sites and it could be serious, but there could be up to 14 main causes and over 200 total for skin color ranging from yellow to orange to red to bronze. Liver problem sounds most likely based on what you are stating in your thread and follow-up posts.

Hope your condition is resolved soon. Take care and let us know how you are doing.
  11. PandorasToybox

Thanks for your replies everyone. I am going to have the tests done tomorrow hopefully. Hopefully the color is from something in my diet & not my liver :\
  12. Petal

Good luck Koi :hug: Be sure to let us know how it goes :hug:
  13. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am wondering how the tests turned out. I hope it is an easy explanation, like from something dietary. Let us know. :hug:
  14. PandorasToybox

Mmmhhmmm that makes two of us!!

I should get the results back in a couple of days. They are never quick about anything here :blink:
  15. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Whoa, I just saw this, that sounds worrying hun.
    I hope it turns out to all be okay!
  16. PandorasToybox

Yeah, hopefully the color fades... I can't imagine living my life as a carrot...it'd be really bad if I dyed my hair green :huh:
  17. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

hehe well some people spend all their cash on fake tan just to go that colour, you can boast you have it naturally :D
  18. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hi silverkoi

Hey I a rarely recommend herbs but milk thistle has be proven in scientific studies to help actually repair liver cells!

I OD'd and went into acute liver failure in my late teens (40 now) and have taken milk thistle for the last 7 years and my liver values have improved! I had a bout of jaundice (turning yellow) about two months ago but had stopped taking it like 9 months ago so truly believe that it helps... I am back on it and plan to stay on it!

Please do let us know how the results come out...the problem with blood analysis is that it takes a certain amount of damage to change blood liver enzyme levels in the blood so you could still have damage but not enough to change the blood results (For example you need to lose 76% of you kidney functional cells before the blood values change! Sorry I forget the value for liver in humans but I bet you doctor will tell you). I don't mean to scare you but rather encourage you to do the best for you body despite the blood work.

Hugs, Bambi
  19. PandorasToybox

Hey Bambi (still in love with the name!)

I'm a herb addict lol, one of my healthier addictions. Thanks for letting me know!!!! I'll be adding that to both my diet & library!

Don't worry I'm pretty unflappable when it comes to stuff like this. I kind of expect some sort of damage after doing something like this.
  20. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Glad my OD'd could be helpful in some way..hehe.

Please let us know about the tests...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.