I'm ugly, I'm not funny, I'm not smart - I have no future, nothing to look forward to

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by A_New_Man, Apr 22, 2007.

1. A_New_Man

A_New_Man Well-Known Member

People always tell me that I need to have more self-confidence. I'm afraid of being confident because overconfidence breeds arrogance. But there's another reason why it's tough for me to be confident in myself - I have absolutely no good traits whatsoever.

I'm ugly, I'm not witty, I'm not funny, I'm not interesting, I bore people to death when I talk, I'm only interested in anime and video games, I suck at talking to people, I have little experience interacting with other people at all, and everyone I talk to seems extremely disinterested in me. I have no skills, no talents, no redeeming traits, no good points at all. There is absolutely nothing to look forward to in my life. The other people here are complaining about their sex lives and boyfriends and girlfriends - I have it way worse than anyone else. I have no life, no future, no chance at ever being with another person. My life is practically already over, since it will never get better or improve. I'm already dead, and I'm only 18. You can't get worse than that.

You might say that I'm not "willing to help myself". I'm not "willing" because it's not possible for me to be helped. I can't un-ugly myself. I can't un-boring myself. You just can't completely change yourself from a lame, dull, uninteresting and unwitty loser into the complete opposite. Believe me, if it were actually possible to help myself, I'd be doing everything I could. But I can't reverse time and go back to my formative years and enhance myself well my mental facilities were still forming. I've reached an age where my personality has finished developing, and I can't just radically change myself on a whim, no matter how hard I wish I could.

I literally have absolutely nothing to look forward to. No girl would ever be interested in me, ever - I'll never have a mate. I'm so boring that people ignore me or leave me in the middle of a conversation - I'll never have a friend. I have no skills, I never got used to being in a work enviornment, and I do awfully around other people - I'll never have a good job.

Other people have bright futures and things to look forward to. Me, I have nothing. My life is through with already - everything is over. I could have spent my formative years around other people to develop into a person who can interact in society, but I missed out on that. So I'm completed unsuited for life at all. I'm nothing. I have nothing, nothing at all.

I don't know whether to kill myself or not. At least there is videogames and cool technology to look forward to in the future, but other than that, I've got nothing at all, whereas everyone else in the world will be able to have far more than I'll ever be able to. I'd trade videogames and the privilege of being a living creature if I could just evade the pain of having so much less than other people.

I don't think I can be helped, but I hope I'm dead wrong and that someone here can tell me what to do to make my situation any better.

2. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Re: I'm ugly, I'm not funny, I'm not smart - I have no future, nothing to look forwar

I don't see why you have to develop social skills in your formative years. Why is it too late to start now?

3. Re: I'm ugly, I'm not funny, I'm not smart - I have no future, nothing to look forwar

If it's any consolation, your writing skills and punctuation are great. But I'm not the best person for supportive words. I'm just here for the food. :hug:

4. lebigmac

lebigmac Well-Known Member

Re: I'm ugly, I'm not funny, I'm not smart - I have no future, nothing to look forwar

Since I don't know you, obviously I'm in no position to tell you that you're not ugly, boring, and stupid. Maybe you are. Not everyone can be the picture of perfection. Thus is the nature of the bell curve.

What you can do, rather than mulling over your inadequacies, is focus on what you enjoy (videogames, anime, w/e). And I don't mean passively. Immerse yourself in these hobbies. With passion and the right training, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to pursue a career related to them. Maybe you could be a game developer or graphics designer, I don't know. Whatever it is that will make you want to get out of bed every morning. There is no definitive route you need to follow to be happy. Just go out and do what you want.

Heck, look at Robert Crumb. The guy might as well have been a leper for the first 25 years of his life. Complete social outcast. But did he sit on his ass and feel sorry for himself? No, he worked hard to develop his passion (comic books) into a skill, creating comic books. And he's made quite a life for himself.

And don't you get all flustered over the punani. Once you achieve career success, it will come in throngs. In the meantime, keep wanking religiously.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Have you been watching Napolean Dynamite ?? Seriously the quote in that "girls only like guys with skills" is not true at all. We all have skills whether we believe it or not.
    Plus life isn't about having a bf or gf. There are far better things, afterall many relationships end in heartache anyway trust me!

And you don't have to be beautiful, funny or smart to live a good life. We are all different. Not everyone fits under those 3 categories.

Do you go to school/uni/work? You must do something? Who do or can you talk to family?

Feel free to add me to msn, I'm willing to talk to you or anyone, if it'll make you happy :)

(You're not the only one to feel like this!)

6. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I feel the same exact way Evaexphon, Im wasting my life away , doing nothing important. I just east sleep, jack off, and play games. I live off a ssi check and lvie with my mom still and im 18. Ive enver been kissed and proibably never will, im obese an ugly and a noncomformist qith low social skills. Even if I was the opposite, succesfull life with a mate I would still feel like shit, because this world is such a horrible place.

7. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I'll be 20 next month and I've wasted my life also not socializing and being normal, mostly being on the computer and playing videogames and whatnot when I could have done so much more, thats the main cause of my depression that I am a loser so I can identify with you. No friends, no girlfriend, etc. sounds pathetic I know but I'm not quite that miserable YET, maybe I am just deluding myself.

It really sucks that others my age are so happy, have so many friends, etc. but I also know that there is no point in moping, but I know its easier said than done, all I can do is try to improve myself, but its strange since I have such a late start, I am so different from everyone else around me and it is frustrating but all I can do is move on I guess. I need to have more of that positive attidude I suppose but it is so hard that I am starting out so late and am so inferior and have to fight so harder than others to be normal and not kill myself. Why am I in this position?

Maybe I will follow your advice lebigmac, thanks for writing that. At least gives me some hope.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2007
  8. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

If you want to get something.. you have to work for it. People only got friends, skills, and gf's or bf's because they worked for it, struggled for it and it is never too late.

It's never too late to start.. the longer you waste time moaning about the past the less time there is for the future, so forget about what others think and make a name for yourself, try something new, do what you want or whatever makes you happy. In the end, someone will admire that uniqueness about you and like you for who you are.

9. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

Yeah, thats just the biggest thing I worry about, that its far too late for me, I know that just about everyone else started out much earlier than me, but I should forget about that and just be positive and work towards getting these things now huh? Well, it is easier said than done since we few are such a small minority.

10. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

The brain has the capacity to learn even after it's major growth stage is done. Granted, it's a bit harder to accomplish after that stage, but still attainable. In this literature-saturated society, you can find books on almost any subject. Such as holding people's interest during conversations, sense of humor, etc. As for the "smart" thing, I've found that people with average intelligence can appear moreso than what they are because they've taken the time to read whatever they can get their hands on. Intelligence is often times misrepresented in society. Regurgitating simple facts really isn't that intelligent, but most people's reactions are "hey, that kids smart." I'm not saying your stupid, because I don't know you that well, I'm just saying that even *if* you are average intelligence, or slightly below, you can still come across as smart.

As for the whole ugly thing, it's a bit hard to judge that based someone else's words. Alot of people just suffer from lack of self-confidence. Anyway, I hope your situation improves, or at least you can find ways to improve it eventually. Good luck, and all that.