I'm under moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

suicide_ideation

Alright, I don't wanna complain, and take too much space. But, I don't care. People have reported me, which almost got me a ban.

I respect the staff, great people, very respectful. And this website has a good purpose. I know it's not a right, but a privilege to be a member. I also understand that some people are not 'ok', and need to be banned.

I know I whine a lot on these boards. I feel I'm lucky to be under moderation, rather than banned, which I deserved.

But, I don't understand, why they put me under moderation, after giving me a warning. Cuz right after their warning, I changed my approach. I was gonna be 'normal', and share my views in Soap Box.

Now, I'm closely watched, and what would pass with others, doesn't pass with me. I can't even send private messages to anyone!

Well, anyways, it's not such a big deal.

I'm gonna be nice, and keep sending my messages. And see what happens.

Sometimes I wonder if I have to be a certain way to be able to post here.
I understand there are severe pricks that need to get banned. But I never realized I was one of them.

ACRon

bloody hell SI, whats with the charm offensive?

Thanks for the announcement though, I for one will sleep better knowing your on the mend

S

suicide_ideation

What did you do to get locked up?:eek: I thought this was rare on boards like this one.
They can't give me a specific reason. They can't point to one post. Because if I said something nasty in one post, it's cause someone provoked me. It's an accumulation of these things. And I'm mental. I respect their decision, tho.

These people hate me cuz of my views.

Each of them has maybe one warning for attacking me. And I've got 100 for attacking them, in return.

I like it, tho. Now I can 'normalize' myself, and be nice.

S

suicide_ideation

Why don't YOU go somewhere else?

What? Now, I'm not welcome here, cuz I absolutely hate phony religious people, capitalists and perverts.

I'm staying here. And I'll keep repeating what you don't like to hear.

This is supposed to be the debate section of the boards. So, if I'm not somewhere in the gray zone, or whatever is 'normal' today, I should go somewhere else. Cuz it frustrates you to have to listen to my truth.

Well, you go away, if you don't like the idea of DEBATE.

Cuz, I'm staying.

This is the appropriate reply to the responses I got. (moderators)

I know it's more convenient to just get rid of me.

F

Freddy

Sometimes I think you need to ease down alittle on controversal topics. If you post volatile subjects expect to get a volatile response by others. Just take it easy.

P

ProzacDeathWish

Why don't YOU go somewhere else?

What? Now, I'm not welcome here, cuz I absolutely hate phony religious people, capitalists and perverts.

I'm staying here. And I'll keep repeating what you don't like to hear.

This is supposed to be the debate section of the boards. So, if I'm not somewhere in the gray zone, or whatever is 'normal' today, I should go somewhere else. Cuz it frustrates you to have to listen to my truth.

Well, you go away, if you don't like the idea of DEBATE.

Cuz, I'm staying.

This is the appropriate reply to the responses I got. (moderators)

I know it's more convenient to just get rid of me.
Keep talking like that ( if it makes you feel powerful ) but be prepared to have it thrown back in your face. There are plenty of stressed out people here who are happy to "jump in your shit" if you step on their toes.

You certainly won't have a monopoly on bad attitudes around here..there are already plenty of people here who keep the moderators busy. Hell even the moderators themselves are "mental", what doesn't bother them for weeks will suddenly piss them off and then suddenly you're under moderation and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Have a nice time here at the Suicide Forum ... and welcome to your new home ! :massmoon::screwloos:loopy::Jumpy::crash::rant: :thumbup:

I

Innocent

Stay then if you want, come here for support regarding your issues, and go to a forum specifically for debates for debating. There are forums like that. There are forums that welcome ppl with strong opinions and that's what they are all about.

As you've been told before, Suicide_Ideation, you were put under moderation for provoking people purposefully in posts in the Soap Box.
ProzacDeathWish, no-one here is ''mental'' - we all, pretty much, have issues of one sort or another, and none of us are ''mental'' or weak - only hurting from it.
Staff try to toe a consistent line, but naturally that can't always happen as we're human. We have issues ourselves, to make that clear.
We're all hurting, one way or another - everyone at SF.

P

ProzacDeathWish

As you've been told before, Suicide_Ideation, you were put under moderation for provoking people purposefully in posts in the Soap Box.
ProzacDeathWish, no-one here is ''mental'' - we all, pretty much, have issues of one sort or another, and none of us are ''mental'' or weak - only hurting from it.
Staff try to toe a consistent line, but naturally that can't always happen as we're human. We have issues ourselves, to make that clear.
We're all hurting, one way or another - everyone at SF.
Abacus don't read more into the term "mental" than you should or even take offense to it. I felt that the term is germane to this community
as our issues are often dealt with by mental health proffesionals. That's all.

( Btw, I have no problem with referring to myself as "mental". Shucks, I even turned 25 years old while I was locked up in a psychiatric hospital here in Texas. It's really no big deal. )

yo, you see where I'm comin' from homie ? Peace !

P

ProzacDeathWish

Sometimes I wonder too :unsure:
There is no such thing as a right to free expression here. This is a highly regulated environment and we are only as "free" as the moderators allow us to be.

In fact the atmosphere here is sometimes quite "Orwellian".:shhh:

Z

zen14

Yea im a lying piece of shit. Totally dont care. Least not to the mods. White Dove or Anna. And a few others I respect here were informed otherwise.

Taking PDW that serious seemed kinda mental in and of itself, doncha think? IMO. You (Abbacus) were so freaking nice and cool with me a few weeks back. I really thought you were cool as hell.

Then, when I have a fucking breakdown you jump on me and get all shitty. No support, just a f-in attitude when im clearly acting like I have lost my mind. Thats the kind of backstabbing bullshit I was talking about.

White Dove and a few others were sweethearts and PMed me. Its a damn shame someone like her is screaming out for help and all shes gotten is the "Welp, glad ya aint dead yet" kind of responces.

As far as the cencoring, I actually couldnt believe it when some poor woman lost her daughter and was grieving and some high and mighty fucking mod edited how she did it (all the woman said was shot). Yea nice to edit her post, bet that felt all warm and fuzzy to her.

That was disgusting.

Stop worrying about lawsuits and covering your own sorry asses at the expence of people like her. Trust me guys, we've all thought of the dif ways. And shit, who the hell knew guns could do it?

You guys are moderating a VERY important and serious board dealing with the worst kind of despair and sadness imaginable. Act like it and loose the fucking power trips.

Now go ahead and ban me for real. I am beyond not caring about that anymore.

PS: White dove is acting eratic and extremely sad. I hope someone will be there for her if we're lucky enough to have her return.

<mod edit: bunny - insulting>

Last edited:

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
Was zen14 banned just for some provocation? Very valid provocation, to add. Not that I can read that which has been censored out, but with the constructive criticism that was present in the remainder of the post, I doubt it can possibly have been so terrible, it deserved a ban.

As for suicidal posts being censored, all the time, I myself have decided, not to post replies in such topics, anymore. Just wishing someone deeply suicidal, intent on killing oneself, peace, in the possible case of succeeding with suicide, leads to censoring, despite me always having tried my best, writing the post in the most uncondoning way possible; all I wish to do is leave my thoughts for the person, but it isn't allowed. If I was intent on taking my life, such posts I've described, being censored, would only make me feel worse, and leave me with an empty and frustrated feeling, before dying. Is that desireable?

I'm seriously considering leaving this forum... I used to be a member, a few years ago, and I left for the same reason, back then. This supressive atmosphere just leaves me more depressed.

Was zen14 banned just for some provocation? Very valid provocation, to add. Not that I can read that which has been censored out, but with the constructive criticism that was present in the remainder of the post, I doubt it can possibly have been so terrible, it deserved a ban.
He was banned for another reason, that remains between him and the staff, although if he decides to tell you, then there you go.

As for suicidal posts being censored, all the time, I myself have decided, not to post replies in such topics, anymore. Just wishing someone deeply suicidal, intent on killing oneself, peace, in the possible case of succeeding with suicide, leads to censoring, despite me always having tried my best, writing the post in the most uncondoning way possible; all I wish to do is leave my thoughts for the person, but it isn't allowed. If I was intent on taking my life, such posts I've described, being censored, would only make me feel worse, and leave me with an empty and frustrated feeling, before dying. Is that desireable?
I would much rather leave one person feeling frustrated, rather than allowing one person, who's intent on taking their life, happy*, and giving methods to many other people. It would also go against the pro-life stance of the site, with leaving potential methods in.

* = happy that their post was not edited, not happy as in the emotional state - edited for clarification

I'm seriously considering leaving this forum... I used to be a member, a few years ago, and I left for the same reason, back then. This supressive atmosphere just leaves me more depressed.
Well, the forum could be unmoderated, which would not be a pretty sight to see, with flaming, methods etc, plus it would be illegal if we supplied methods to allow people to commit suicide.
Not meaning to be harsh, but the forum's moderating tactics aren't going to change, so the forum won't become less ''supressive'', as you say - indeed, it is moderated as heavily as it is, because of a desire to protect and keep life here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would much rather leave one person feeling frustrated, rather than allowing one person, who's intent on taking their life, happy, and giving methods to many other people. It would also go against the pro-life stance of the site, with leaving potential methods in.
Happy? Sorry, Joe. Who's happy here?

What I meant by 'happy', is happy that I didn't edit their post, not happy emotionally.

EDIT - Have put in a blue asterisk in the post above, kindtosnails, for clarification :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hae-Gi

Banned Member
You got it backwards; the person who would be about to take their life would be frustrated (and empty), since the person wouldn't be able to read the last posts for him/her from people. Milder frustrations would likely occur for those who'd post possible goodbyes, as well, but those I did not have in mind in this scenario, since the negative results from the censorship would be far heavier for the one about to attempt suicide.

Naturally I do not mean it should be unmoderated, but censoring someone's wish for peace, to a suicidal, in case of the suicide succeeding, in the kindest and uncondoning way possible, and censoring a mother's post about her child, due to the mentioning of the one in question, committing suicide through shooting, is kind of over the edge; especially the latter example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00