im useless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Darken, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I have no skills worth any value. i cant do any thing right. im not even normal, im below the i.q for my age.why am i this way?

whats going to happen once I kill myself?

2. Sailor

Sailor Member

what are somethings you can do that others can't do?

Think about what you have, not what you don't have. Envy and covetousness is a stumblingblock that leads to misery.

3. Tara

Tara Guest

IQ isnt everything. I have a few "friends" that arent too clever, didnt get many qualifications in school but now they have great jobs and are earning good money. I was bright in school got all As yet they are the ones earning more money than me and having a generally all round better life than me.

How old are you?
    Just asking because if you're at school age, then how do you know you have skills of no value? somethings you dont expierence until you're older. Maybe you'll have a fantastic skill at driving and could use that to become a instructor or something. Maybe you'll be good at construction/hair dressing, anything!

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I've talked with you and I do not think you lack intelligence. I think you can be misguided at times :) but I don't understand why you say you are of below average intelligence, because I don't see it.

5. zapbone

zapbone Member

hey a feeling of uselessness is feeling something. all i feel are fear, hate & vengence. i've been living like this for thirty years, it hasn't improved for me one iota. meds, therapy, analysis, spiritual direction - nothing's worked for me. the drugs failed, the booze failed, the sex failed, the credit cards failed. hope you have better luck with this thing.

6. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

zoh, you're not useless, you're here aren't you. you help ppl, don't you. these feelings will pass.

7. blade

blade Well-Known Member

hunni ur not.
    we all feel like this sumtimes. these feelings do pass like jcat said.
    im always here if u wanna talk.

8. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

What is intelligence any way? Today intelligence I guess is defined by how well you get on in this society, get a job that required intelligence, fuck that who cares about this anymore. Society and people in it are sick so fuck it and don’t let it worry you if you’re not living up to predefined standards. Just be open minded and true to yourself. dont point and laugh just because the crowd are pointing and laughing dont jump because they jump instead asking them why they are jumping? Work at disconnecting yourself from mental and emotional ties that have been programmed into you.

you see you say you have no skill worth any value but what you have to realise is that these skills and values are what you have been presented with by this nihilistic world you live in. Through my observations the values society hold high are valueless meaning that if you dont have these values then you are most likely a person I will like.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I don't view you as useless or unintelligent in any way. I have known people with very high IQ's tha I wold not employ because their work ethic is so low. Then there have been thos with below average IQ's that step in and get the job done. They are not afraid to work because they have had to work hard at everything their whole lives. You will find something you do well that others don't. Don't lose faith in your abilities. They are much better than you think.

10. me1

me1 Well-Known Member

You are of no known use, that does not make you useless. But it does mean that you need to go on until you discover just what this use is. If you die now you will never know. Please take care, hugs.

11. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I remember having this conversation with my Psycholist yesterday and she was saying to me I'm sure you're good at thing's that other's aren't,And I said No I'm not and that's the truth.She tried to point out because I can drive and speak another language as two thing's and I said well seriously I'm 32 years of age and don't have the intelligence that would be considered normal.:sad:

All I do is Fuck up even the most easy of thing's and that is true,I don't care what anyone say's I know I don't have a high IQ and I don't get thing's easy.Zoh can I ask how old are you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.