Im very lonely

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by dontknowwhatimdoing, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontknowwhatimdoing

dontknowwhatimdoing New Member

I dont have a social life
    I have social phobia
    I have no friends (none whatsoever apart from a few i keep in contact with online)
    I have social anxiety
    Im unemployed
    I have no motivation...no interest in anything anymore...

I feel stuck

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...many ppl here have issues with meetng and maintaining friendships with ppl...please post what is going on for you; I am sure there are ppl who can relate...big hugs, J

3. Zodi

Zodi Anitiquities Friend

*hugs*

Everyone here knows how you feel.

What kind of social phobia do you have?

4. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

You sure as heck aren't alone here, lots of people here that can really relate to you, myself included. You are not alone here in the least. I also am quite lonely and you really do feel stuck and getting out seems very difficult to impossible.

5. kimailis

kimailis Active Member

rahul is right, your social life is here, and if you want a social life nearby, just think about how you would get it and we will give you some advice.
    dont ignore the problem, dont tolerate and suffer from it, just face it! we will help.

6. dontknowwhatimdoing

dontknowwhatimdoing New Member

Thank you for the kind words. In real life im always getting moaned at by everyone for not having any confidence and its getting me down more than anyone can imagine

When i was at school i got bullied, felt suicidal all the way through high school because i was bullied from day 1 til the end, I attempted once but it didnt work

I left school and tried various jobs but each one i got bullied in by the supervisors / other staff so although i never attempted again, i still felt suicidal and wondered what was wrong with me

If people gave me a chance, i could be a good friend, but they wont. I feel so alone and isolated.

My social phobia means i have problems in social places. I find it hard to communicate when others are around and the friends i had at primary school didnt want to know me at high school, because of my social problems.

I wanted a career working from home because of all my problems but i live with my parents (im 25) and they constantly moan at me because they say i should be getting out there, being more sociable, but its too difficult and it feels like no one is listenning to me

Ive had counselling and seen psychiatrists since i was a little kid but none have helped me, so what is the point :sad:

7. A Self Made Loser

A Self Made Loser Active Member

I know where you are coming from, I'm 24 and live with my parents. I havent got a penny to my name and my girlfriends parents are piling on pressure for us to now get a place. With what?? magic beans!

I try to avoid going to my GF's house since her parents give me question fire round time about my life and what I am doing. My GF and I just lie and say I got a half decent job in London working in an office. Truth be known I am at college but unemployed so I have three days at college doing some work but four days drifting within my mind and thoughts of where did it all go wrong - oh yeah from birth! I was in for a life struggle the moment I involuntary was put on this planet.

I can't get a job, not even in the most basic of jobs, what the hell do employers want!?, good knows I have tried but I also suffer with social phobia and dread getting work in bars or restaurants as I can't face people in such close proximity. My confidence is broken like yours no doubt and I too feel rock bottom and have done for the past 4-5 years. I still waiting for the light of change to release me and I'm also trying to make changes in my life to enable it.

I don't hear from none of my friends anymore, they like my gf are far too busy career people who have all made every right decision in their lives and have had every successful break handed to them, why bother with a down and out loser like me. Dont it just make you sick to see how people that are so lucky in life are so uncaring to others less fortunate. None of my so called friends will never know what it is to be depressed, life is too good to them.

It's isolating and lonely to being at the bottom of the dark pit looking up constantly at how everyone walks over us and ignore us.

I havent been on SF in a while as I actually figured at one time not so long ago that I was ok on the road to "normality" but everyday a tiny part of me died in this vile society. Seems only places like SF has any goodness left. Today will be a day of venting venom about the world.:mad:

8. bdxd

bdxd Member

i am glad to read this i am in the same situation as dontknwo although i am 20 years old. there was one young supervisor who was a bully she didnt like me for some reason i felt so much presure when working and amzingly it didnt even help me work it just mesed me up. it was a basic job with simple work but i absolutely hated and despised it due to being aroudn people all the time who are working and that makes me nervous. i was making a lot of mistakes. i don't know what is 'obvious'. i cant evne get a job by myself, i got his one by luck because of a contact a family member had(i dont have any friends and therefore contacvts). i sent apllications to like hundreds of places and the one job i get i get from contact which wasnt even mine.

i keep saving up my spemr by not masturbating so i get very hrony. i know soon i wil get sum1 who wil go out to club wiht. then i can get a girlfriend nad because i have made myself so horny when that happens i become attracted t o girls more and standards lower so i am sure i will be albe to get a girl to hug and make love to nad will no longer long for that. i have never held hands or kissed or huged a girl b4, i h8 wen i am sitting down and seeing women knowing that their skin is out-of-bounds and i am not worth them. i hate seeing couples god it is hte hardest thing to see couples when u've never had that.

i think one of the bigest thigns ppl dont realise is wen uve lived in isolation like me or i think dontknow, and u do not understand the dynamics of the world outisde, 'getting up and doign something' it is not the same thing because of the difference in ability. ppl expect 'common sense' when u dont have any. i dont know social norms because i didnt have the same social upbringing. so i make mistakes and i am never sure about what is rgiht and what is wrong even if it is 'obvious' to ther people. it is really frustrating and especialy wehn ur family tells u this.

the problem wiht this is that it lowers my brains abiilty to concentrate. today i masturbated and my head cleaerd and i realised how bad my haircut i got was. it is very ugly adn i wont go outside until perhaps tuesday or wednesday when it wont be so bad then i will get it fixed. my parents are dickehads about that they hate me staying in my room acting all concerned even though theres no fuckign diffrerence between here and out htere i am alone out ther and alone in here.

a self made loser at least u have a girlfirned. altohgu i can imagine it must be stresful being in that siutation and ur girl could find somen better and leave u.

9. humpty

humpty Active Member

That's exactly the same as me. I am now 37 and now feel like my life is all over now. I just need to find courage to end it.

PS: Sorry for being such a misery guts....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2008
  10. bdxd

bdxd Member

hav ppl lost interest in this thread?

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

exactly the same as me , i have no life, friends etc... so if you wanna chat, feel free to PM me :hug:

12. Pioneer

Pioneer Well-Known Member

You've got a friend in me. I hate being lonely too. Its like, you know you need to change but you can't and you don't know what to do. But you don't have to feel lonely here.

13. wallflower

wallflower Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh yea it is difficult. I hate it. I have it too. When I go into stores I get so much anxiety, I can't even walk right. I can't think. I get sort of tired, fatigued and I can't concentrate. But when I am at home I'm okay. I've been this way for awhile and it's starting to feel dangerous. I can't go anywhere.
    I have a rushing feeling in my chest and my heart sort of flutters, I get weak.
    Oh it's always about judgement. Who says this, I can't trust anyone. I'm trustworthy but it's getting to the point where i can trust myself. I can't look at little kids. I don't know why they just make me uncomfortable. I feel like I'm just too gross. And when I walk into a place with lots of people, I know I stand out. The nervousness, the tension, it just shows. But I really hope you get better. I don't know you so it's easy to type this. I have so much trouble with anxiety its terrible.

But in the end, you've got to get normal, get a grip on your world and realize that no one is going to hurt you.

14. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

At the heart of it, I believe everyone is lonely, much like at the heart of it everyone is hungry. You eat food to satisfy your hunger and make it go away for a while but it always comes back when your internal supply is running low to remind you that you need to eat more to sustain yourself. I think good company and friendship feeds the soul very much like food feeds the body, during those high times everything is just so damn awesome, your whole world is on fire. After a while though, the feeling starts to ebb away and you start feeling lonely so you go out and seek a friend, get together and do something, chat, whatever it is you do with your friends. Some of us don't have too many of those though and our souls, our personalities, waste away for want of them.

15. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Yah that's probably true.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer... same old shit..

16. bdxd

bdxd Member

update on my post. i was wrong about the friend goni g out to club wiht he was just trying to be nice in reality he is just another one in the list of people who did not deem me worthy of being in nightclub with.

also is anyone caring about my post.

17. bdxd

bdxd Member

guess not

18. Dreamer uk

Dreamer uk Well-Known Member

I suffer with social anxiety as well, it is a very lonely & difficult life being on your own. I wish I had somebody to share my empty life with.

I care, you aren't alone, we just all have to try to help each other through these difficult times.

Best wishes

19. humpty

humpty Active Member

Me too, I have social anxiety because I'm ashamed of who I am. What I feel, how I look, how I talk, everything really.

20. SadDude87

SadDude87 Well-Known Member

Yep. Being ashamed of who you are at its very core is the worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.