I'm wasting your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing all these people with bigger problems than mine is making me feel pathetic. I have a bad couple weeks and try and kill myself and come here begging for help only to see people who need it more. Im not bipolar I don't need meds and I'm asking for help whats wrong with me? Am i just wasting you people's time when others need it more?

Hey hope

There is no need to feel pathetic. Pain isn't comparitive. Hurting is hurting. And the issues you face are just as important as anyone else's because they affect YOU. You have as much right to be here, to need support, as anyone else. You came here for a reason, because you feel suicidal, that is reason enough to be here.

I hope you keep posting, I look forward to getting to know you :)

Take care :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:

peacelovingguy

I'm that anyone who has tried to kill themselves is in a lot of pain. I've never tried to kill myself but still feel qualified to be here. I've felt like it - so know how it is.

Feeling like your wasting people's time is wrong - nobody can know what another persons goes through and all we can know is that sometimes we need help.

you say you are not bi polar but there are many forms of depression and sometimes we cannot cope on what seems like 'trivial' stuff compared to others.

But as said above, pain is not comparative - just because you think the reasons you have for depression are trivial does not mean they are trivial. I mean with a suicide attempt its not a bad bet that you do have depression and maybe meds could help you.

You'll have to let us know more about what these 'bad couple of weeks' were.

And were you feeling happy up to this point or comfortable with yourself and company?

Don't be embarrassed about this mate - anyone can go through depression and some can pull through without meds whilst other times meds might be the best route for you.

Ask around what people here think.

Good luck with this.

aoeu

I don't think there's a single person on this board who has problems as bad as a wobbler. No other condition has a >50% chance of suicide, that I'm aware of.

But that's completely irrelevant. Everyone's problems are their own, and they CANNOT BE COMPARED. Don't ever try - you'll always be better off than someone, but that almost never makes anyone feel better.

Mortal Moon

I don't think there's a single person on this board who has problems as bad as a wobbler. No other condition has a >50% chance of suicide, that I'm aware of.
Could you enlighten me as to what a "wobbler" is? Google just brings up something about a disease affecting dogs and horses, two species with notably low suicide rates.

aoeu

Gentamicin very rarely causes users to lose all sense of balance. Forever. So standing or even sitting up leads to a complete loss of control and the person has to lie down or fall down. It usually ends in suicide, it's horrific.

A possibility of treatment has recently showed up, so life's looking a little better...

Mortal Moon

Gentamicin very rarely causes users to lose all sense of balance. Forever. So standing or even sitting up leads to a complete loss of control and the person has to lie down or fall down. It usually ends in suicide, it's horrific.

A possibility of treatment has recently showed up, so life's looking a little better...
Thanks. I'd also like to direct your attention to the horrors of Trigeminal neuralgia, which is also correlated with a three-year suicide rate of around 50%.

Nightmarish little world we find ourselves in, innit?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00