I'm way too old for this forum

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by pressedmeat, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pressedmeat

pressedmeat Member

Sorry for even bothering everyone here with my problems. Did not know it was mostly a young forum. Everyone here is way too young to stress about anything. You guys have plenty of time to change your life. Good luck, I'm out of this site. Sorry for your time once again.

2. chasing_dreams

chasing_dreams Well-Known Member

You're not bothering anyone here with your problems - and we have members of all ages, why don't you stick around for a while and get to know us, talk to us about what's going on with you and why you feel this way?

Take care x

3. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum. Sorry that you feel it is not a helpful place for you.. personally i don't think it has to do with age. And just because someone is young, it doesn't mean their pain is any less real or worthy. Can I ask how old you are? I am 28.. and there are many other members who are in their 30s - 60s. We have a subforum entitled 'Antiquitie's Forum' which is solely for members who are aged 30+ - maybe that would be helpful for you?

4. pressedmeat

pressedmeat Member

I am 34. I just didn't want this to seem like I'm some old checking out young peoples sites. I read a couple of posts and it look a little too young for me.

5. chasing_dreams

chasing_dreams Well-Known Member

I'm 28, so not all that much younger than you. If you would feel more comfortable talking to people who are a bit older maybe you would find the Antiquities Forum more helpful, as Jenny said. Whatever their ages, though, the people here are wonderfully supportive, and I hope that you do choose to stick around and talk. PM me any time if you need anything.

6. ShalenaM

ShalenaM Well-Known Member

I actually came across many people in their 30's and 40s here..suicide is not just for teenagers and neither is emotions..

Age does not limit the emotion we each feel, no matter at what age.

I think you should stay here because whether or not young people or old, we all are here for some of the same reasons..we all feel down. Some of us are trying to help..:)

I think you should stay:)

7. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

47 here as some of you know. i am that young person on this site that grew older but never found happiness.

bitter and lonely, how pathetic.

8. Blackness

Blackness Guest

34? nothing wrong with that!
    I'm 18, I'm old too seriously

9. BOLIAO

BOLIAO Guest

I'm 35.

10. MrBill

MrBill Active Member

I'm 50. Emotional problems, anxiety, depression and thoughts of suicide aren't confined to the younger set. Hang around, your thoughts and friendship would be appreciated here.:biggrin:

11. Luna_Lovegood

Luna_Lovegood Member

Im 27; but I feel like Im 70. Stick around.

12. mb75

mb75 Well-Known Member

I'm 32 .... you are not alone... stick around:smile:

13. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

27 here, Youd be surprised how many older ppl are around.

14. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

You are never too old when it is help you are seeking. While it does seem as if their are many more young people here, you would be amazed at the maturity of some of them. What we have been through seems to age you beyond your years sometimes. I have found great insight among the younger generation here. We all have one thing in common. We have issues that need to be dealt with and we are all searching for something. I hope you choose to stay and give us all a chance. The old and young alike. (I am one of the antiquities here, lol) I hope to see you around. :hug:

15. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Age doesn't matter. As far as i'm concerned, there could be a person who is a 105 years old posting on this forum, and I wouldn't judge them or look at them any less.

16. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Amen Mystic. Couldn't have said it better :hug:

17. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

37 years young here and getting younger every year lol
    (tho its taking more creams and dim lights lol)

18. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

19. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

44 years young lol happy to talk to u pm anytime

20. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

don't worry about that, if you need all the help you can get then please stick around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.