I'm worried about her...;

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by misslolita, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misslolita

misslolita New Member

My friend, she's suicidal. She won't tell me what's wrong. I want to help her, but it's hard on account she lives in a whole different state. The only way I can contact her is through myspace, but even then - she sometimes dismisses my messages. :/

Guys, I don't know how to help her. She wants to die in the NEXT YEAR!, she thinks that living's not for her and I want to help her realize that's not true. I'm scared for her, I've grown fond of her and I don't want to lose a friend so young. :/

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

First of all you have to realize that she is your friend and not your responsibilty. Now having said that I want to explain it. Yes, she is your friend and you want to help anyway you can to change her train of thought and feelings. And that's great. She needs someone like you in her corner right now. But hun you cant take on all the responsibilty for the help that she is going to need, on your own shoulders. This is where the professionals and support people come in. Your responsibilty is to show her that these people are there and available to her. And your responsibilty is to support her the best you can as her friend. Feeling suicidal, usually those thoughts and feelings take over and a person cant see reason or logic. So she needs you to help her see it and use it. She needs you to be her "investigator" so to speak. To look up the services that are available in her area for her and to explain them to her and try and get her to use them. Or if someone else lives in her state that could maybe take her to a support group for the first few visits. Or maybe make her an appointment with a therapist or even her family doctor.

You need to make her aware that the suicidal thoughts and feelings are not really who she is. That she is your friend, that you love her and you want to be her friend for many years to come yet. But at the same time you need to look after you too. Having a friend that is suicidal can take a great toll on the person trying to help them. So dont take all the responsibilty and make it yours hun. So far you have done the right thing by your friend, you have spoken out for her. Maybe suggest that she come to SF and post about what is going on for her. Tons of support and understanding here. Take care and good luck.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Not sure how old your friend is, which does make a difference in my reccomendations...and do you know what has set off these feelings for her? She is very blessed to have a friend like you...big hugs, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.