1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im Worried

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by just_me_again, Mar 3, 2018.

1. just_me_again

just_me_again Well-Known Member

Recently, things have been going pretty okay. It turns out I'll get to graduate in a year and then will be able to move and find a job. The problem is, my boyfriend doesn't want to talk about it. I try to bring things up casually, but he has no interest in discussing or saving for the future. I'm worried that my graduation date will also be our expiration date. I really don't want that for us. I love him and he's improved my quality of life so much but what if we are supposed to go in different directions?

2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Do you have any ideas about why he's behaving like this?

3. just_me_again

I have no clue other than maybe he’s scared?

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

What is his position in his life? Is he still in school or already working?

5. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I wonder if maybe he thinks that once you graduate, you'll be the one that wants to move on from him?

Do you tell him this? Does he say this to you?

What do you mean by this?

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

This was my initial thought too. I think you should have a heart to heart with him and let him know what's bothering you. Your life is too precious to throw away over this. You could even think a lot differently a year down the line :) Best wishes x

may71 likes this.
  7. just_me_again

I talked to him. We've said we've loved each other multiple times for the past few months and he said that he was scared that I would decide to leave him or that I'd outgrow him. We've made plans to move together after we graduate so that he can find a new job/go to a school with the major he wants and I can find a job in my field and possibly further my education. I guess talking things out is the best way to do things.

8. sassy123

sassy123 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hugs glad talking has helped good luck with your move I hope it all works out.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Yay for a good result, glad things worked out for you, happy for you, now no more worrying darling x