I'm young.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jacob91, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob91

Jacob91 Member

So naturally, my problems are superficial, meaningless. Exaggerated.

Pain is just as real between one person to another, even if one's problems are incomparable to another's from an outside perspective.

I'm 16 years old. I am a scapegoat. I have no future. None of this bothers me.

What bothers me,

Is that I know I don't deserve this.
    And I really have no option.

I look around here, and the same people who feel pain are encouraging others not to end it all.

Like their problems are worse. Like they can't understand as well that the pain is the same. I can't take anything to heart. I can't believe anything. Because it's control to encourage me.

I may be young, but I do not enforce the stereotype. I am not a victim of moral decline. I have thought about suicide since I was 8 years old.

What should I do? I am very open to suggestions.

2. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Its a strange thing, but probably its in the nature of humanity, to try to help someone, even if you know you cant.
    And I dont think that anyone can not understand that the pain is the same. The reasons might be different, but its the same pain. Yet, we think that our problems are worse, maybe the worst. But we also understand one each other, even if sometimes we can not show that.

3. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Age is not something that should matter regarding support and encouragement. Whether someone is 66 or 11, they deserve support just as much as the other.
    Maybe the things they've been through aren't the same, maybe the pain isn't the same (as I think emotions can't be compared). If someone is in (emotional) pain, they deserve to get support.
    Of course, in my opinion, there are exceptions (sorry, but I do not feel like supporting a mass-murderer when they're depressed cos of what they did), but as far as I know you're just as deserving of support as any other person.

People who say that younger people's problems are superficial, meaningless and exaggerated, are superficial themselves. It hasn't got to do with age, it's not the age that exaggerates the problem, but the person.

Can I ask in what sense you're a scapegoat?
    And what makes you think you've got no future?
    I'm just wondering, and actually hoping that if you've got an answer to these questions for me, I possibly can offer you some advice/suggestions.

For now I'll just send you a virtual hug. :hug:

4. Jacob91

Jacob91 Member

With the people I'm close to, I often am their go-to person for when something problematic happens in their life. Normally I am happy to take on a part of their troubles, but I've found that as soon as I do, and as soon as their problems have subsided, I no longer have a use.

I am an easy target for those in charge to make me into an example, because of my past, and how things have been mis-construed. They don't think to regard that I am a person and the fact that I haven't done anything wrong in years, and shoot me down at any opportunity.

I have no future, because of a slew of sleeping disorders (Sorry, this sounds bad..) are keeping me from more than a few hours of sleep collectively over a week. (If I could sleep for 2 hours at once, it would be a miracle)

This has caused my grades to slip, and through a more complicated series of events, has caused me to have multiple roles to uphold.

To have a future would mean to have options available. And to be perfectly unbiased, I don't see anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.