Imagine

So imagine that we the people live within a big wide box.
The box is so big that there’s seemingly plenty of room to walk and live free within.
Imagine in fact that this box is actually contained by invisible walls of one way mirrors.. through which the majority of us cannot see.
Imagine when life becomes so transparent to the participant that it’s very predictability permits a view well beyond the playing fields and into the cloak of absurd invisibility.
Does this amateurishly described line of thought resonate with anyone out there?

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
Yes, sometimes I feel something like that. Especially when I wake up with a finished painting already in my mind's eye.

Also, what you've described reminds me a bit of the book Flatland, A Romance of Many Dimensions, by Edwin A. Abbott

I don’t know this book but I shall get it and read it. Thank you Seabird . My mind fluctuates between Camus The Outsider, Kafka The Trial and the Matrix.. I often wonder if more people can actually see through the one way mirror or if they just choose not too

Yes, sometimes I feel something like that. Especially when I wake up with a finished painting already in my mind's eye.

Also, what you've described reminds me a bit of the book Flatland, A Romance of Many Dimensions, by Edwin A. Abbott

Book now ordered 👍

Are we talking about alternate universes?
So I have been pondering this extension… it wasn’t specifically my initial remit but it does possibly have a bearing worthy of taking onboard.
I watch people interacting with each other and cutting their life’s cloth accordingly. Rightly or wrongly I feel as though I read the room pretty accurately.. sometimes with an element of judgemental arrogance. It’s as though these people are living ghosts going about their daily routines.. ants with a meaningless cause. The predictability of their lives for the most part easily spotted. Soulless and limited. Now I realise how aloof this makes me sound… I am nothing special by any stretch. But this almost feels like a curse to me.. being aware where others are not. Noticing the slightest smallest detail within milliseconds.. forever the observer I feel I don’t belong. The boredom. The absurdity. The selfishness. The despair. So I try to avoid people wherever I can and to soak up golden moments of fascination camouflaged in plain sight… life as we know it feels like an illusion of falsities, whereas nature is true and pure.
Alternative universes? Parallel lives? How about time doesn’t actually exist? And that we all live within a lie.

snails

So I have been pondering this extension… it wasn’t specifically my initial remit but it does possibly have a bearing worthy of taking onboard.
I watch people interacting with each other and cutting their life’s cloth accordingly. Rightly or wrongly I feel as though I read the room pretty accurately.. sometimes with an element of judgemental arrogance. It’s as though these people are living ghosts going about their daily routines.. ants with a meaningless cause. The predictability of their lives for the most part easily spotted. Soulless and limited. Now I realise how aloof this makes me sound… I am nothing special by any stretch. But this almost feels like a curse to me.. being aware where others are not. Noticing the slightest smallest detail within milliseconds.. forever the observer I feel I don’t belong. The boredom. The absurdity. The selfishness. The despair. So I try to avoid people wherever I can and to soak up golden moments of fascination camouflaged in plain sight… life as we know it feels like an illusion of falsities, whereas nature is true and pure.
Alternative universes? Parallel lives? How about time doesn’t actually exist? And that we all live within a lie.
I think.. you can't know what's going on in anyone's head. They might be thinking of parallel universes and pondering existentialism but you know people also have to work, travel, look after their kids, it doesn't stop. But you never know.. they might be imposters ;)

👏 Hence my avi… I blame Gerry Anderson’s Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons. 😎 Everything we think we see, hear, understand and assume is completely subject to caveat³

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00