'Immigrant Crime Wave' in London

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by LightInTheDarkestNight, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LightInTheDarkestNight

LightInTheDarkestNight Well-Known Member

I saw on Drugs Inc on Nat Geo channel how 9/10 drugs charges were from foreign nationals when they were talking about the UK, this article certainly backs up that fact.

I'm not surprised by these statistics. When I was lured out to be assaulted it was an immigrant who lured me out, immigrants who owned the 'shop' where I was assaulted more like confined and tortured actually, an immigrant who referred to me as an 'it'(not even human) after the fact, when they were the ones who set me up to be assaulted and attacked. All over revenge from shit when I was fucking kid, 6-10 years or prior. I know there are tons of very nice people as immigrants, it wouldn't be fair to paint them all with that brush but the trend in the article is kind of disturbing to say the least, combined with my own experiences as well.

I know where I'm from foreign nationals are also a huge part of the drug problem and other crimes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

You have to understand the Daily Mail is a litreal racist bigoted right Wing paper we are all ashamed of. To stereotype people this way creates animosity fear and hatred. To tar people in one group is down right racist. I have friends from Poland, Libya, china. They all work with me and lovely people.
  3. LightInTheDarkestNight

Actually I was just reading a link from a different website, before I read your reply. Is the guardian a tabloid type as wellÉ

They state how the 1 in 4 crimes was a false figure.

Of course all Immigrants aren't trouble makers and the majority are for the most part good people, just like rest of society at large. However while the 1 in 4 crimes figure was false you cannot ignore the 9/10 drug crimes being from Foreign nationals.

Also just because your foreign national friends are all lovely people doesn`t mean that the % of crime relative to their percentage of the population is racism, its just a figure.

Its like with African Americans in the US, its a fact that people more often see in the news in the paper or on TV stuff that is negative, instead of positive. Be it reports about murders, drugs, gangs as this kind of news is always much more coveted. Even if people aren't racist at all it can easily reflect on their subconscious and they become fearful or have negative associations.
  4. Perfect Melancholy

Of course I was not in anyway belittling what happened to you, I just wanted I highlight how inaccurate the daily mail are. They stir up hate and it boils my blood
  5. LightInTheDarkestNight

Thank you for saying that I appreciate it. Yeah I dont know about the newspapers or what not in the UK.. sadly sometimes people write stuff in order do this to get more viewers, ratings, etc. Like I know someone who does writing online and he`s probably slightly liberal but he writes more right wing stuff because that's what his subscribers want, so he feeds them what they want to hear as it helps him make more money.

Unfortunately this world is largely about money and power. Tons of people just do whatever to make the most money possible, even if it means throwing their morals out the window, being deceptive, or even being violent and harming others. It`s like how gangs and drugs often go together and while most of the gang is probably not what would be considered a true sociopath they often times have to follow the rules of the gang which leads them to becoming what is known as a dysocial sociopath. Often times gang people and what not have huge ego`s that`s why you will see on shows like the first 48 hours people getting killed over little disputes. In order to have such a big ego one usually also has a very big shadow, a big ego will often appear to others as someone being arrogant.
  6. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Don't even talk to me about the Daily Fail. I am fuming about their portrayal about end of life care in hospitals. But that's a different topic for another day. Yes, basically the Daily Fail is a scare mongering, right wing, anti everything, bigoted, uneducate, shiteous newspaper that is only fit to wipe my a**e with. Do not believe a word of it!
  7. Perfect Melancholy

8. LightInTheDarkestNight

The guardians article does seem like an more accurate portrayal of reality. Almost everybody likes someone to blame, helps them sleep easier at night, it's just to what degree. Even with bullies or some criminals if they end up in trouble with the law or authority figure its often because of someone else, 'other people' are always the problem. For example I saw an Law and Order SVU show the other day entitled 'born psychopath'. At the start of the show the boy kind of threatened to his sister don't be a snitch. "It's not my fault I went to jail for this or that even though I broke the law, it's someone else's because they talked"

Also I have had a lot of people native to my country(born here) who have been instrumental in bad things that have happened to me so I'm not just trying to throw foreign nationals under the bus so to speak, what kind of person someone is has to do on a more individual level and what kind of people they surround themselves with, there past and things like that.

I happened on these articles because I remembered seeing on that show how 9/10 drug charges were prosecuted against foreign nationals.
  9. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

This thread man...

So what's the point you're trying to make? Considering all your information is more or less fueld from a newspaper :S
    You know one of the real problems, is the excuses used to generaly classify people into a group, then using that to justify "actions/laws".
    Plus, you think your problems are immigration? That's just a realistic situation that's been caused(intentionally or not) to keep people occupied. I don't know the amount of crime immigration brings into the country, and I will be fair it will be alot because of the proximity to neighbouring countries. But it's not like the UK is doing well overall for everyone, especially it's own citizens. You guys really try to "control" alot of stuff here imo, but cannot for the love of life find a strong concensus between you all. Crime isn't primarily produced by immigration. It's merely amplified.

Oh and crime is generally brought about by lack of work, over taxation, high prices for commodities, and in essence a difficulty in being able to live life. Imo immigration is a problem, it's stupid that you guys allowed so many people into the country so rapidly. But it's something that grows on much deeper problems. To me it seems more like forced evolution, making people so strained that they rationally can justify sacrafising some of the greatest achievments people have achieved, in the hopes of dealing with these "new problems".

In essence forcing people to care and merging that with laws and shit. Paint a picture, scare a public, they react accordingly.

Oh and that comment about the african community in america... this is the problem. We read and see shit on tv, the internet, friends ect, but we don't know it for ourselves. We are fed information, a portrayed depiction of a situation, which is in reality NOT the truth. It's an interpreation, and biasism is the hardest thing to shed, and even if you do, being accurate is almost impossible.
    African americans have suffered generations of abuse and neglect. The crime statistics and such,.. make sense to me. You make someone feel like an outcast, or make them feel like they "need help" and you create a divergence. In essence, the moment you define someone before you've even met them, you lose. And they get hurt and will respond. It assaults the fabric of mutal cooperation and progression, which is ...everywhere. Chavs anyone? :S

Idk... what's your point.
  10. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

The Daily Mail sounds like Fox News here in the States. Right-wing horseshit.
  11. Butterfly

And politically I swing more to the right than I do to the left, but I can't stand their inaccurate, scare mongering horse shit. Mind you, I fricken hate this Tory government. I only have myself to blame as I voted for them :frusty:
  12. snarrylover

snarrylover Well-Known Member

Hey, I voted for them too. Not because I support them, but Labour didn't seem to be doing anything useful and things were just getting worse so I figured "why not? I'll vote for the only other party with a chance of winning." Both of them are as bad as one another with only their own interests in mind. I wish we could give one of the other parites a chance.

Back to what the poster was saying. Whilst I agree that immigation, and crimes that stem from it, is a problem for the UK, (like letting in known criminals) the papers have a way of taking that issue and turning it into a national fear. There are many, many crimes committed every day yet we only hear about a small percentage of them. Any reported crimes involving immigrants is used to fuel the fear. Say, if a gang of British men do something awful and a gang of immigrants do something awful, papers are more likely to report on the latter because then they can question why they were in the UK in the first place.
  13. Butterfly

Yes Snarry. I think I only voted for them because I couldn't stand happy Gordon any longer. It was terrible lol. Everytime I saw him on the TV I was in a fit of rage :p
  14. Perfect Melancholy

Labour messed up this country I'm a liberal leftie! But I hate all the main parities. Honestly we need someone new and interesting to take charge and come down hard on this country ( ok maybe a little right on that one!)
  15. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

The Daily Heil is nothing more than a platform for racist, bigoted little englanders to spout their vicious bile from. A N Wilsons piece trying to use the deaths of 6 kids from the Mick Philpott case to prove the point that the welfare state breeds evil people tells you all you need to know about that whole damn paper. Read this and maybe next time you will just ignore whatever they print: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...rvasiveness-evil-born-welfare-dependency.html

Oh also forgot to add, i live in london, and the immigrant population at the last census made up just over 50% i think, thats not a bad thing though, it makes london one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world, it has its bad points but on the whole everyone gets on well with everyone else. In my opinion a criminal is a criminal regardless of where their from.

Oh yeah, and last election i voted for the green party, i still maintain that their is no distinction between Lab/Lib/Con, their all the same party in all but name only
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.