• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Imperfections

I just want to know whether we are doomed to repeat the same cycle over and over again or can we really change?

In my personal life there are certain personality traits i desperately wanted to change but i fail miserably all the time and feel even worse.
The same emotions and feelings grip me making me paralysed. I am overwhelmed. I hate the small talks and people picking on me but I cant react appropriately and behave like a defenceless child.

Is there ever going to be any solution? Or am I doomed for ever. Just big talks and motivational therapy never worked. Something is missing and something needs to change and stop. But how?? That is the question.

just because you feel you've failed a lot before doesn't mean you will forever. It can take a long time to break habits and cycles, so dont pressure yourself too much to have a certain amount changed by a certain time. Keep trying, you will get there eventually. It can be hard work and tiring but it will pay off eventually and you'll be glad you kept trying ♥

Big changes can be hard to make, but they can happen.

Do you want to describe the problem more?

Maybe there are some treatment methods that could help. There's certainly more to it than just therapy.
Low self esteem, depressed, easily gets hurt and continue to do so. Very unhappy with the way my life is turning out. Dont feel like I have it in me to change anything. Dont feel like working any more. Feel unimportant and lost and lazy and desperately wanting to vanish. There can be no help for me. I am a coward who should just die.

I am a coward who should just die.
I don't think that's true. You have inherent worth as a human being, and you're also probably a better person than you give yourself credit for being. Please don't be so hard on yourself.
There can be no help for me
I don't think that's true either, though getting better can be difficult.

The links in my signature have some information about treatment methods, including some self-help and alternative methods. I'll post the links here in case you are on a smart phone.

Treating Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia and General Help
Acupressure Self-Massage for Depression, Insomnia, and Anxiety

Just big talks and motivational therapy never worked
Did you see a professional therapist? If so, you might want to try seeing a different therapist or try a different style of therapy. CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) is one of the best styles for treating depression. You can also learn about CBT on your own. A member here has recommended the book The Feeling Good Handbook by Doctor David Burns.

Not everyone gets helped by therapy, but it still might be worth trying again if you think the changes in approach would produce a meaningful difference.

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
Staff member
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Supporter
Low self esteem, depressed, easily gets hurt and continue to do so. Very unhappy with the way my life is turning out. Dont feel like I have it in me to change anything. Dont feel like working any more. Feel unimportant and lost and lazy and desperately wanting to vanish. There can be no help for me. I am a coward who should just die.
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. You can change the way things are. Have you sought any professional help for the way you're feeling? Or do you have any people in your regular life that know you're feeling this way?

Lara_C

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
This is what depression does to the mind, attacking your very sense of self. The mind is the brain and depression is a treatable physical disorder in brain functioning. I think you should tell your doctor how bad you're feeling as meds can help many people, along with other therapies and learning new self help skills which can actually help to rewire the brain replacing the dysfunctional pattern

Last edited:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$195.00
Goal
$255.00