In 12 months

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ramjett, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramjett

Ramjett New Member

In the last 12 or so months, my life has gone from half decent to nearly non livable. Going through a divorce, father died, sisters won't contact my mother, lost my job with nothing coming. Why should I even think about moving on?

2. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

You ask a good question... do you have any children?

3. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

You should keep going because things can change. Things are always changing. Just wait it out and see what's to come! :) :hug: If you need someone to talk to PM me anytime! :hug:

4. Ramjett

Ramjett New Member

I've been waiting. Waiting on lawyers. Waiting for a job. It never ends. What is PM?

5. Ramjett

Ramjett New Member

No I do not. Thank God.

6. Forgotten_Man

:lol!: someone who shares my opinion on children. Well if you did they would be one excuse to keep going. Ummm.... I am trying to not give advice I do not want to follow myself. The only advice I can give is to believe that you will be happy once again.

7. Blue_Sky

Blue_Sky Well-Known Member

Because everyone goes through a rough patch in life and you have to keep going, it's not forever.

8. Ramjett

Ramjett New Member

This is my first time reaching out to anybody with my problem. I do realize that this problem happens many times every day to a lot of people. It just never happened to me. I am hurt by what I have become lately, nothing. I no longer have the desire to be a contributing member of society. It seems that there is nothing I can do to help my situation right now.

And I know that there are better days ahead and all that crap. I've been hearing about that for a long time now. When does it end? When does it change? Why should I even believe in that make you happy stuff anyway. Those who preach that don't have a clue as to what I'm talking about.

I'm going through a divorce that is taking longer than it should. My oldest sister tells me that it ok and she knows what I'm going through. The fact is that she doesn't because she never went through a divorce. And that is why her don't know and will never talk to each other again. And my other sister who is one year younger than the first does everything the elder tells her to. No sense trying to mend that fence either.

Honestly, can anybody give me a real good reason to keep fighting? Hope for better days does not pay the bills.

9. Blue_Sky

Blue_Sky Well-Known Member

I ask myself those questions often, I don't know when or if it ends, maybe the end is not what's important. But life is a continuous change so nothing remains permanent. And I think people on here have a clue what you're talking about. It's hard to see anything differently now, but in a year or five years maybe you will. Years ago, I wouldn't have believed it either.

I can't give financial advice, but if you've had a job before and you have no disability, its not impossible to find employment. Why should you keep fighting? Just my personal belief about life is that it's a duty and everyone needs to work out their problems, no exceptions, you have to deal with it in some way or another so might as well just deal with it now. Just focus on not adding more problems to your life. People really make their lives more complicated than it needs to be. I've never been with anyone, I may never be with anyone, and i've accepted that. When I accepted that I felt a lot of relief, that thought doesn't make me happy, but it doesn' make me miserable either. I am just focused on supporting myself and creating a comfortable existence to get through this life. Learn to live with less and find out why you are here. Spritually, I've found a lot of meaning that keeps me going. I'm not here to preach to you though.

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Ram. I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a bitter divorce, lost your job and you're now contemplating suicide. Life can get pretty rough at times, but you can't let life's challenges cause you to end your own life. Challenges and struggles are a part of life and we have to deal with them now or face them in our next life. Keep looking for a new job and please don't give up. :hug:

11. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Becuase it is our trials and sufferings that can open our eyes to the answer that is staring us right in the face. Most just have to hit rock bottom after exhausting every other way before openeing our minds to other possibilites. Especially to the possibility of us being wrong. Blessings..

12. Forgotten_Man

I cannot find a reason to keep living either. I live because I still do not have the courage to kill myself. I think because I cannot find that courage I can be around in case the change does nhappen and I become happy. Not the greatest philosophy because if that happiness goes away I am not prepared to handle life. However, it is better than dying I am told.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.