In a&e for cutting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by X-FallenSolitude-X, Aug 16, 2016.

1. X-FallenSolitude-X

X-FallenSolitude-X Well-Known Member

could use some supoort please feel guilty for asking anxiety through the roof am an emotional mess please any one X

2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs. Glad that you are reaching out for help. Here if you want to talk.

3. X-FallenSolitude-X

I'm waiting in urgent care going to need patching up I feel very low and down don't wanna see pysch team I've spoken to my crisis team twice anxiety is through the roof

4. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Hugs you can get thru it. Remember the hospital wants to help you.

Have you tired ice as a distraction.

5. X-FallenSolitude-X

They gave me a lecture told me I need to stop how the scars will stay and I have a lot of them way to make me feel bad now waiting in treatment room to be fixed stupid twat of a doctor X

6. X-FallenSolitude-X

All fixed with glue and steri strips x

7. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

When it reaches the point where you are having to go to hospital for treatment when you self harm, it is time to think about stopping or finding a alternative. Ice and rubber bands are two that I have read about here recently, maybe you could also look into them?

Hopefully, now you are patched up, you can concern yourself with staying safe, thats all we want for you here at SF. Is it a good idea to be alone right now, if that is what comes next?

8. X-FallenSolitude-X

Currently still at the hospital visting my friend for a while and getting take Awya I have no one to be with when I go home and my low mood is really bad I may have to call the crisis team for some much needed support my house is a mess and I don't know anymore im sorry X

9. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Why don't you stay there and get help if you're feeling low and are alone.

SinisterKid likes this.
  10. SinisterKid

I agree completely with calvin, going home is not a good option right now. Please consider staying where are until such time that you are ok to be by yourself again. You have to try and break the cycle you are in somehow.

calvinandhobbs likes this.
  11. X-FallenSolitude-X

I was discharged from urgent care and I ordered take out with my mate on the ward she's just gone to bed I'm now on my way home I spoke to crisis team the guy was to busy said he would phone me back I've got to deal with all the mess from earlier and so many chores to do I wanna take my meds after and try and sleep but I don't know if I can I feel very sad what's wrong with me x

12. SinisterKid

You are ill, thats what is wrong with you. To get well again you have to want and accept help and sadly, a lot of the time you need to find it as well. It sounds like you have a support network of sorts so try and use that to help you with recovery. Are you going to be ok tonight on your own? I/we just want you to be safe ok.

13. X-FallenSolitude-X

My next appointment with my worker is next Tuesday. Crisis team will call me 7:30am Need to try and make it through the night. My flats a mess I just put my duvet on the bed so that's clean. I live on my own unfortuantly which makes me unsafe at times. I'm trying to hold it toghether and not mess up to badly :( you guys wouldn't ever call police on me would you makes me mega paranoid X

14. SinisterKid

How can we call the police when we have no idea who you are or where you are? Nope, that wont be happening so put that out of your mind. We are only here to help and support. We are not trained to offer anything more than that. But all the staff and most members care very deeply about you and everyone else at SF.

So what is it going to take to make it through the night? Its freakin tough when you are on your own, as I know to my cost. What is it you like to do when on your own? I love music, I enjoy reading and I will watch a movie sometimes when I feel like it. That helps me to get through the nights when sleep wont come. I can be on here until 3-4am some nights, but I try hard to restrict that as it can be emotionally draining sometimes. But being here also helps sometimes.

15. X-FallenSolitude-X

I get anxious I've had my IP address traced before and that was so scary and I worry about stuff like this dumb I know sorry X

I put my tele on I wanted to have w bath without getting my arm wet I forgot to put water on now I'm waiting. Why is living alone scary and lonely some nights I want someone to hug me and be there I have my teddy .

I have to take my meds beofre midnight. I like to play Pokemon and inside out and magic kingdoms. I color in and I have a dot to dot that I try I've got my tangle toy somewhere I don't know what else helps X

16. SinisterKid

Never played any of those before, I am more old school and play poker and crap like that sometimes. Just never "got" Pokemon so never bothered with it. I have a xbox one, but since leaving hospital I think I have played on it once in 4 months. Just lost interest in that right now. I haven't even played poker for a couple of months and I used to play every night.

Being alone is always worse at night for some reason. i think it must be the human psyche that makes it that way. if I could, I would but I cant, unless you live in the dark wastelands of the north east. But (((hugs))) anyway.

17. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

X-FallenSolitude-X, I think it's awesome that you have a list of things to do when you feel low! Coloring is wonderful for anxiety and stress...making a picture come to life with colors! Dot-t0-dot sounds good too! I'm afraid I don't know what a tangle toy is. Could you explain? (Also, it's nice to meet a fellow teddy bear fan - there a few stuffed animal lovers on the site!)

I'll bet the A&E team were trying to suggest that self-harm often only hurts more in the long run. I'm sorry they focussed on things that upset you more. I hope you can settle down tonight.

It's hard to be alone sometimes. (Been there often enough myself, so I know.) Here is some good stuff that I noticed: You care about yourself - you took yourself to get patched up. And you care about other people - you went to visit a friend. Those are important things to remember about yourself, imo. I certainly believe in you. I am rooting for you to be okay even though you're on your own tonight. Snuggle your bear, do some coloring and dot-to-dots, play some games, talk here if you feel like it.

If you need to, you could congratulate yourself for every hour that goes by. Each one is a big achievement!

I hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted on how things are going. *big hug*

18. X-FallenSolitude-X

I cried as I read that thanks ❤️

I bathed and meds taken

My tangle toy is this fiddle thing for people who are autistic usually have them you twist it and can suck on it I also have a soft bunny I carry in my bag when I'm outside and headphones I find the world loud and scary I often get anxious and have found some of these things help me .

19. calvinandhobbs

calvinandhobbs Well-Known Member

Some wonderful suggestions! I enjoy reading the love of others here. I live teddy bears, too:)

20. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

@X-FallenSolitude-X Ah, I see. A tangle toy is kind of like a string of worry beads to slip through your fingers. :) I do the music thing, too. Helps me tune out stuff I don't want to pay attention to. I'm glad you had a good soak and took your meds. Take care tonight! *hug*

@calvinandhobbs and @X-FallenSolitude-X and all the stuffies fans on the site: Yay, for teddy bears...and bunnies, and kitties, and mice, and giraffes (and any other stuffed animals we can think of!) :)

[​IMG]