In a funk

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Loco72, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of stuff going on tis past couple of months. My mother came to visit for 6 weeks, which was SUPER stressful, we don't always get along. My truck got struck by lighting 3 weeks ago and it still in the shop, so far $3000 worth of damage, might get totaled. I was supposed to move this weekend but 2 weeks ago the apartmnet complex told me that the apartment was no longer available. WHich caused my future roommate to change her mind about getting a place together, she now wants her own place. I can't(well I can but don't want to) pay that much for a place by myself. Currently where I am living is very cheap, I'm just not very happy, not unhappy, just not happy where I am currently living. I'm not 100% sure moving would make me happy unfortunately, because I am in this funk right now. I'm pissed off about my friend changing her mind last second like this, we would've been able to find something that would've worked. I'm pissed of at nature for messing up my truck. I'm pissed of at my other friends for hanging out with people besides me(I know, I'm being childish). I'm pissed of at work because they are forcing me to do training, but making me in essence pay for it. I'm just pissed off in general.

I feel anti social and just wanna be alone, but then I get depressed because I'm alone. I've been feeeling the uge to drink, and I have been a little, even though I know it doesn't help for the depression. But I don't care right now. Sigh. Things have been going very well for a while and I only see my pdac every 6 months. I saw her about 2 weeks ago, and this feeling had started a little, but she feels it's normal under all the stress I've been under. I just hate it and I worry that I am just at the start of a downward spiral, and it scares me. FOr the first time in several years the thought(just a brief glimpse of a thought really) of hurting myself came up tonight.

On top of that I have to have surgery on my wrist.

Sorry for the rant...
  2. ema

ema Antiquities Friend

Rant away. I totally understand.

I'm having all sorts of stress and my doc says the same thing. But, it doesn't help much, does it?

I wish I could offer great words to help you out of your funk, but I'm in a similar funk. All I can say is, it helps me to post here and I hope it helps you, too.

Don't hurt yourself, it won't help in the end. Hang in there and things will somehow come out. Or, so they tell me.

Don't give up. Keep us posted. And, I'm always around if you want to talk.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.