In a nutshell i got dumped .....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by malika11, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malika11

malika11 New Member

I know that each one of us are here with our own stories of how we got hurt, and in most cases we were not responsible for what happened and that makes it all the more difficult for us to digest what happened. A friendship of 6 years off last year moved to the next level of love last year , it was bliss for 8 months but now its all over. I changed my career, location and everything for a future with her and right now i am in a country where i have no one around because thats the country she is in . I know that just being here alone makes my suicide tendencies a lot more higher. I feel the futility of going on we broke up 2 months ago, nothing inspires me to go on infact its only getting worse , i notice that at least once in 2 days i suddenly feel overwhelmed, restless and i find myself crying in pain and i know that if i had a sure pill at that point which guaranteed i would die then i definitely would take it. I don't want to have a unsuccessful attempt at suicide and then left alive to suffer from the additional effects of that attempt. I love her very much and she used to love me too. I am hurt at the way she dumped me , we used to be proud at the level of love we had for each other. Now its just me with a mutilated heart. I dont want to go back to my parent country yet because i still live in hope that she would come back to me. I have been gradually trying to stop my self from communicating with her because it just becomes a blame game and for someone who has moved on the patience isnt really much and it only made things worse with her saying that she wanted me to stop emailing her and that i had to respect her decision to move on. I will be here for the next 2 years waiting for a miracle to happen but i guess its more for me to believe that i tried my best at it and that there is nothing more i can do because if i went back to my home country it would practically mean that i wouldnt i would have sealed the chances of a reunion. Anyways lets forget about the hope part right now because i know that right now i am very vulnerable and at the mercy of the mood cycles.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun you can move on past the pain you can hun Why waste your time on someone that has chosen to walk away. You go out you join new activities you meet new people hun
    You may just meet the one you are to be with she has made her choice hun now it is time for you to look forward not backwards h ugs

3. You and I are in the same boat.....at least u get a response. I got dumped and never heard a word from him. This just happened last week. No reason as to why, nothing. I would even gladly accept a call even if it was just to scream at me. sOMETHING!!!! Anything!!! Just don't ignore me!!! It's driving me mad....all I do is sleep and cry, and wonder what went wrong. I, too, sit here in hopes that everything will eventually go back. The sad part is I would take him back in a second.

I know he's no good for me. He's toxic. But I don't know what it is or what I need to do....I want to let go but I can't.

Sorry, I took over your thread, I really do wish you the best of luck. I know exactly what you're feeling. We need to be strong. I'm trying real hard and I hope u do too. We can do this....I hope.

4. I think the toughest part of moving on from a relationship is the battle and letting go is in redefining yourself not as half of a unit, but as a whole person. I know it's tough, but with time it will heal. I do agree wholeheartedly with Eclipse, the best you can do for yourself is walk away.

I've found discovering new hobbies help. Gets the mind off the pain momentarily, and you never know who you may meet along the way.

Stay strong!

--Ace

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Try, if you can, to ditch the hope, it can be bloody soul destroying.
    I hung on to hope for nearly two years and it left me a physical and emotional wreck, it was actually healthier when I got to the hate part of letting go.

There's no quick fix, but talking about it, endlessly if need be; getting out and about doing things you enjoy.
    All these things can help distract you and give you the time to heal and it is time that does it, I remember thinking people didn't know what they were talking about cos time wasn't healing a thing, then one morning I woke up and felt a little better and each day became easier.

Hang in there, it will pass, but seriously, ditch the hope.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.