In a very manic state today

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by theleastofthese, Aug 4, 2008.

1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

had been really depressed on and off, but now the polar opposite. I don't like the term "bipolar". I think it's too neutral. Makes me think of a magnet.:laugh: Whereas "manic depressive" describes it perfectly for me. Either out of my mind 'manic' or deep in a pit 'depressed'.

I haven't been able to concentrate on anything for very long today. Can't sit still. Trying to watch a Star Trek episode, one of my favorites, but can't watch more than five minutes at a time! AARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!

I don't know which is worse, manic or depressive. 'Depressive' is so empty, so hopeless, so tired:sad:, but 'manic' is spinning like a possessed top!:blink: Why can't I attain and maintain the middle ground?:unsure:

The only good thing about mania over depression is that I get more housework done!:smile: But I"d gladly let the house stay a bit more cluttered if I could only feel at peace. I'm taking risperdal for the m/d but sometimes it just laughs at the meds goes on a stampede!

Please God just let me be calm without being comatose!
  2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Many :hug: for ya hun :)
  3. Falcon0006

Falcon0006 Well-Known Member

Man that sucks, i hate when like Im really depressed and I wanna watch like comedy or something, and then realise Im not finding anything funny and my friends are finding it hilarious. Im like Damn! where's my sense of humour. I myself prefer manic, its kind of interesting, at the same time fucked up.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear you are in the manic state right now Sooz. It would be nice if you could find that middle ground and stay there. You are in my thoughts. :hug: