In Crisis

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Hopeless_mess, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopeless_mess

Hopeless_mess Member

I am new to the forum and seen a few threads. Feel so rubbish that I'm not in a position to offer much support or advice to everyone here... So consumed with thoughts of suicide and depression. Convinced that I'm beyond help..

Yesterday went out for a walk, at one point was going to run away, go missing until I had a solid plan to end it all. Yet if I am found in a public area, someone might call for an ambulance if I had taken an overdose.. Then that would set off a chain of events which would probably make my situation worse, i.e. being in hospital after a failed attempt.

Today I yet to get out of bed, feeling a failure to my family and friends. Trying hard to stay safe so hiding in my room. How did it get so low? Despite the love and support of my husband, I still feel like this :-(

Many people have worse problems or situations, yet are coping or are able to get on with life. My life has fallen apart, I cannot function with no will to live. I've tried talking to ppl about it, but whatever I do makes little difference.

I'm breaking down.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to the forums. Does your husband know the extent of your issues? And just how bad you really feel? If not I'd suggest making him aware of it. It is all too common here that a lot of us find it hard to even get out of bed, has to be one of the symptoms of depression. Lethargy. Try not to compare yourself to other people it will only get you down further, I do hope this is something that will fade away for you but regardless keep talking to us here :)
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi Hope, I would like to call you by just a part of your name, if it is ok ? You don't have to offer any support here now, I would like you to feel safe and comfortable, it may take you a while, but that is alright, take your time. I would like you to know that just a year ago, I was where you are now. Every one that is here has to some extent or another has been where you are right now!

I would like to welcome you to the Forum, I believe you will find there are people that you can talk to and come to trust, I hope that you can and will find the will to live, I am sorry that you find yourself feeling so low, I know that feeling, Well, it is to me almost like an old friend, I am glad to see that you have the love and respect of your husband and friends, that is an important part and a step towards feeling better and getting well, I would like to think that right now you are in a place here that will help you to get back on your feet and to once again feel good about yourself, Please take your time visit this room and try talking to us when you are ready to go on. Someone will be here when you feel ready, we are very supportive here we are willing to talk and listen to you, Take care of yourself, Someone will be here, just ask! We are here for you!
  4. Hopeless_mess

Hopeless_mess Member

Hi there Petal,

My husband is aware that I am not right at all. I can't really hide it when I am at the point where I barely function without some kind of support. In some ways, I feel I should know better how NOT to get depression as I work in the area of mental health. Or did, I incurred a work related injury to my hands in the early part of this year which resulted in me taking a lot of time off work. Even now, there are complications... Yet if they asked me to return to work, with this depression I now have I wouldn't be able to.

I feel suicidal, fighting hard not to attempt to take my life. My husband tries to suggest something I could do each day that I feel safe in doing. However, my world is shrinking, as I find that I can cope with less and less. Some decisions overwhelm me, same for phone calls... It's not been long since we moved house, which means there is stuff to sort out. At a time I need to be together I fall apart.
  5. Hopeless_mess

Hopeless_mess Member

What are the things people do to get past their crisis (besides using SF)? How do I get back on my feet when at present I barely function without help. I would not eat unless prompted. Can't manage many chores. Sleeping is broken, thus tired and apathetic. I managed just a couple of tasks :-(
  6. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hope, Do what you feel capable of doing, please don't feel that you have to clean the house of put all the things away from your move but if you can or feel able, try to do something by all means if something happens or goes wrong or you have problems, let it go, you have to remember you are ill, with each person it is different, what you are capable of doing might change each day, what you can do well one day you might not be able to do the next, spend some time in here talking to someone who you feel you can relate to or says something that you feel interested in, it wont happen overnight Hope but if you work at it you can do better I believe, with your support try expanding your bounds, you say these are shrinking? Try pushing back on them, when and however you feel able! There is no one sure fix here hope, each person like I said before is different, you are going to respond in different ways to different situations. by all means if you are able, see a psychologist and or a psychiatrist if you have not already, these people can help you if you are willing, even talking to people in here you will find can help, give yourself some time and be patient, this did not happen over night Hope and there is no quick fix. I as well as others have been where you are,as well as dealing what you are going through if you feel bad or life situations get you down, we can help, I am sure We will offer you support and there are people in here who have experience with different meds that might be suggested, as well as thought programs if you find yourself slipping back, go through the forums, there is so much information that is accessible, We are here for you, If I am not here or you don't see me, feel free to ask others here, someone I am sure would be glad to help, you should just ask, there is always someone here. If there are any questions or you don't understand something, don't be afraid to say, I believe that you can feel better, that you can do better! Hope, Don't rush and don't push your self, Be kind and gentle to yourself, everyone here is here for you, if you are down and just want some one to talk to or something to do we have a game room as well as a chat room! One Day At A Time for Hope!
    I talk to much sometimes don't let it overwhelm you,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.