in crisis

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Pollo, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

Hey, I feel like crap at this moment, I need information about the consequences of OD, I don't want to do something stupid or damage my organs, I am scare of feeling this way.

2. stig

stig Well-Known Member

Hi pollo, the easiest answer is don't do it!!!! whenever you try to take your own life you will run the risk of damaging yourself. get some proffesional help. you need to beat this.

3. Alonewanderer

Alonewanderer Active Member

It's almost impossible to OD and doctors shy away from prescribing the stuff that works. I have half my liver function, very short term memory and I'm sure there's brain damage somewhere. Not to mention you most likely will have amnesia for a few days, contrary to popular belief OD'ing is excruciatingly painful and you'll end up paying for it later with bad health.

4. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

HI Pollo, It is not worth doing. Don't even consider it please. Write down your feelings here. We will listen.

5. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

my experience involved the most painful stomach cramps you can imagine, waking up in bed covered in vomit, still with a lot of pain in my stomach, a terrible headache. it's like a hangover from hell. not to mention the emotional pain of knowing you tried to kill yourself. and having to look at your family and friends in the eye knowing that you were willing to cause them all the griefof killing yourself. DONT DO IT! talk things through with someone and try to cope, take it one day at a time.

if you try it you may have permanent liver damage, brain damage, you will be a lot less happy. even if it works its not a nice way to go, and you dont want to be found in a pool of excrement and vomit,eyes and skin looking horrible.

6. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

I feel like I can't control it, like if I need to do something against me because I deserve it, because I have sucked on my work and my career has been severely damaged

7. Alonewanderer

Alonewanderer Active Member

Hehe do it the only way society will accept it...join a boxing club/mma gym, sign up, train for a few days and start sparring. At least this way you can get all the punishment you want and you'll walk away feeling great or wanting more. Best of both worlds you can get pain inflicted on you and dish out your frustrations, nothing like communicating all of your feelings with your fists....and it's parent approved.

8. No_Life

i can second this!! hitting things is a great release for stress and mental pain. it also boosts your confidence because you know you are fitter and more able to defend yourself. any fitness marial art does the same job.

9. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

No matter how much you want to end things like everyone has said you will not achieve your desired result through OD'ing, I know its hard to try to not give in at the moment but if you do give in to those urges things will be even harder afterwards - trust me cause i think it would take a hell of a lot to get it right. Maybe if you dont want to do boxing or something but want to go against yourself - go for a run or the gym and keep going till it hurts thats what I try to do now, I keep pushing myself at the gym or on a run till I think I can no longer do it at least that way I'm trying to defeat my mind and body in some physically painfull way x

10. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

Te consequence of OD is often death. If the OD fails there is a possibility of server organ damage which includes the brain.

There is also the trauma you inflict on others if you are either successful or fail. Suicide is for the selfish. Those that have a genuine care for others would never inflict this upon them.

11. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

sometimes though its the care for others that you feel that means you have no other option at the time - I'm not saying this is right but this is just how you can feel

12. No_Life

as wrong as the people who say you go to hell if you commit suicide. suicide is a natural way of coping with stress, depression, hopelessness and sadness.

it can be selfish. if a man gets his family into debt and then offs himself, leaving them with funeral costs, emotional pain then it is selfish. but most people who are suicidal are depressed and are simply unable to cope with the pain any longer. its not the way to deal with things. i wouldent be here if i thought that suicide was a good thing. but people in a state of depression where they feel the need to die, definately do not deserve to be accused of being selfish and having no genuine care for others.

13. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

Suicide is all about self. Just read the posts on this site. The fact that things are not going as the person expects them to go, someone has upset them, they fail an exam, their hairdo didn't turn out right. Boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/children/parents not treating...the BIG ME right. Everyone expects so much out of life and yet they put so little into the opportunities set before them and then they blame life itself for the problems they cause. If you want stamina you need exercise and stamina necessary to deal with life is totally ignored, because it involves emotional discomfort and people don't like emotional discomfort so they bury their heads in the sand.

You brought up the subject of hell and the consequences of suicide. Well in the scriptures there is no mention of the word suicide and the reason for is that is simple. People do not have the power or authority to take their own lives.

14. No_Life

your right in as far as suicide is an action for the benefit of the self, but then every action humans ever make is for the benefit of their physica or emotoinal happiness. not many people expect so much out of life, a lot are depressed because they get nothing.

to me the logic is simple, noone asks to be born so life is a gift unwillingly given if you dont enjoy it. life can simple be a horrible experience. if you're standing too close to a fire and it hurts then you move away. its natural human instancts. we all try to escape from emotional pain the same as physical.

im sorry, i have a lot of respect for religous people and their faith, so dont take me wrong, but i couldent help myself from being amused by this post. i dont want to dig on this point too much and upset anyone, but basically being born is not something many people want or ask for, each person has the authority to do anything they want to themselves. and anyone eith a gun or pills has the power. its your body, if you choose to tattoo it, pierce it, put drugs in it, or kill it it is up to the person who owns the body and noone else. and there is no afterlife, the only hell sort of afterlife is when you survive an attempt, that is my hell and im still in it.

15. Woodsmoke

Woodsmoke Well-Known Member

I had trouble breathing- it was so painful it felt like my lungs were being squeezed, crushed.

It's easy for someone else to say- "just don't do it." But try thinking of all the most horrible things that can go wrong... it's awful to think about but it's stopped me many a time- the risk of permanent damage and making life even worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.