In honor of Halloween... Scariest thing that has happened to you?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Oct 30, 2009.

You are camping and they just told ghost stories you:

1. Ask to go home and run to the car screaming.

1 vote(s)
  2. Start complaining because they weren't scary.

11 vote(s)
  3. Ask if you could keep the flashlight in YOUR tent.

4 vote(s)
  4. Say, "AHHHHHH! It's going to get meeeee!." And you don't sleep for a week.

3 vote(s)
  5. Tell them you need to change your pants.

3 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

*possible trigger*

I work in a hospital. Back then i was a housekeeper on lobby and basement. So i never really get to see the patients. Till a day i had to replace someone calling in sick. So the third floor was mine. I was announced someone had died and i was to disenfect the room. Never did that before and i wasnt too thrilled...
    On my way to the room the patient who passed away was carried out on a stretcher. She was covered. That is until her family pull down the blanket to see her. I was scared out of my mind to see her.
  2. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Very much indeed.
  3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

LOL!! That made me laugh, but yeah I can understand it's pretty scary to see a dead body for the first time.

Mine is kinda stupid - I used to work at Madame Tussauds in London and I was doing the late shift.
    The managers would turn off all the lights to 'hurry us out' at the end of the evening. I was on my own trying to tidy up and literally everybody had left, there were only about 3 people left in the entire building, the lights were off and I was practically pooping myself.

Nothing actually happened but it was just damn scary. :laugh:
  4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I can totally understand. I panic when the electricity shut down. I would hurry my ass off to find a candle
  5. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

It's not the scariest thing I've seen, but I wondered off at the funeral home where my Grandmother was when I was about 3.

I saw a waxy old person in a bed with frills and satin.

The way they'd dressed it all up to look angelic was massively and deeply creepy.

Traumatised me for life :laugh:
  6. Zoe

Zoe Well-Known Member

This is a contender also: :smug:

7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

When my father threatened to take away all my that's scary :laugh:
  8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I dunno if this is the scariest thing that ever happened but it may be the creepiest.

When my daughter was a toddler, we lived in a house that was over 100 years old.

It had been moved to it's current location many years prior to us renting the place.

We believe the house was haunted by a small child.

We had a 3 little pigs toy for my daughter. The toy operated on batteries and made different kinds of sounds when you would put the characters in different places on and around this house that came with it.

She had stopped playing with it and for months it sat in a spare room. No batteries in it.
    One night as my wife and I were in bed and my daughter sound asleep, and for many nights after, we heard the noises of that toy, as if someone were playing with it. Again, no batteries in it. No one visable in the house.

And like I said this lasted for several days.
  9. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Ok that gave me goosebumbs :huh:
  10. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

:rofl: I've gotta agree!
  11. Clockwork Reality

Clockwork Reality Well-Known Member

Scariest thing that has happened to me? Mortar attack.
  12. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

We were on cabin, nearest next cabin was about 3 km:s. Was night and we were sleeping when one start to yell *someone is behind window*. We heard steps, was winter and black night. I hear some voices from another room. I go look because the door was open very little. There were man who strinkle my dad on the moment. My dad were pretty bad shape. One said he going to beat me and start to chase me. I run around our car and then I run inside of house and again out of another door and inside and outside again.
  13. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

The time I was most scared I was lost up on a mountain on holiday. Mum suggested a 'short cut'. :rolleyes: After hours walking we saw a gate with the sign of shooting and a bull on it but carried on going anyway. And then we saw three bulls. :eek:hmy: We were holding onto each other thinking we were going to die. :laugh: Kinda silly.
  14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

LOL nice, that reminds me when i was snorkeling in Cuba, i thought i saw a fish that looked like a barracuda :blink:
  15. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

This didn't happen to me but it's funny so will share.
    My flat mate and I were student nurses and one night we went to see a zombie film.
    The next day Christine (my flat mate) was on duty when the staff nurse asked her to prepare someone who had passed in the night.
    She duly got the bowl to wash the body, as she approached, the wind inside the body made the body groan and shift :blink:
    Chris dropped the bowl of hot soapy water and ran for her life (zombie film upper most in mind) she didnt stop running till she was about half a mile from the hospital :laugh:
  16. boo

boo Well-Known Member

:laugh: that was funny!
  17. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

hell yeah, super goosebumps, and boo and i are a bunch of tough bitches :eek:hmy:
  18. Vitreledonellidae

ok i take it back, boo isnt a tough bitch, barracudas arent scary..
  19. Vitreledonellidae

we went every year to this holiday home, which was a few 100 years old, great place, only the nights were horrible. Just above the stairs was a bedroom where me and my sis slept during the night. Already when you stepped on the stairs you could just feel the negativity and a presence, like someone was watching you. Almost every night I woke up because i heard footsteps on the stairs and everytime i checked if mom or dad were coming up, i saw no one and the footsteps stopped too. My sis even heard someone whispering in her ear once, but she couldnt understand what she was saying. Yes we think it was a she, because once there was a girl who lived there. She was from a rich faimly, but she was so ugly, that they dumped her in that house and one day she hang herself above the stairs. We dont go there anymore, my sis and i freaked out to many times, too many sleepless nights, too scared :tongue:
  20. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Severe lightning storm. The power went out and I had a sleeping baby in the house. I scooped her up in my arms and huddled in a corner of the room while the lighting raged all around and the thunder was deafening.

The baby slept through the whole thing! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.