In hospital and still suicidal

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sad&Bipolar, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sad&Bipolar

Sad&Bipolar Active Member

I have been in the hospital for 8 days, and I am still suicidal, yet they want to send me home today. They wanted to send me home yesterday. I'm a bit scared that I will actually try to end my life when I get home. It's a crazy system, run by the insurance companies!
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Be honest with them maybe they can come up with alternative plan or therapy to get you out of this zone.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes, honesty is the best policy! Be honest with them and tell them you fear for your safety if they leave you out. At least you have us to talk to while in hospital, we will try and help you out too. Otherwise how is the hospital stay going?
  4. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I've been to the hospital 3 times and they weren't able to help me. The last time I wasn't sure that they were going to let me go because I was honest with them. I didn't want to tell them that I felt better when I didn't. It seems like the first thing that you think of when you're in crisis is to go to the hospital, but I know better now because I know that they can't help me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.