In hospital.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by GoldenPsych, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Got it all wrong again. Can't say what i took but i'm medical ward at the moment. Have seen the nurse man and he wanted me to go onto the psych wards. I begged, pleaded and cried and he said it has to stop or i will end up on there. He then called on call consultant. We had a big long conversation. And i don't have to be sectioned. Not this time anyway. I'll write more on my blog about it. But it's stupid. I ordered xxxx off line. I know i'm going to end up using them. I feel like i need to now!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If that is how you feel then why not stay in hospital until you are stable and you can keep yourself safe. I think the best place the safest place would be on a psych wing so that you can get proper attention and help. hugs

3. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

Psych hospitals really aren't that bad.

4. tappa

tappa Well-Known Member

wen u feel like harming, think about how much u dnt wana b sectioned.
    weigh it up which feeling is more dominant.
    tht wil show u whether u shld or shldnt stay in hosp

5. It's better in a psy ward. You can get to see the psy dr and get the help you need.. It's not that bad in a psy ward and you don't need to be scared about it.. It's better to recover in a psy ward and get discharged from it.. Take care and :hug:

6. GoldenPsych

It's not better on psych wards when you've worked on them and know the staff. And my family don't know. And my career depends on me having stable mental health. So not the best place.

7. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

I've always come out of the hospital more stable than when I went in.

8. total eclipse

I understand what you are saying that is why if you have to go to a different hospital okay out of your area and get some help there where you are anonymous hugs

9. GoldenPsych

But not if it's people you work with. And patients i've worked with before. If i went in to hospital there would be no holding back. I'd just lose all control as i'd have nothing to control it for. Also i know lots of tricks to self harm from having worked in psych care. I need to get out of here. I've been waiting since 1pm for them to come and re stitch my legs as putting weight on it tore them out. I can't cope with this and they wont give me any pain killers.

10. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Oh sweetie. Big :hug: I wish I could help take your pain away and make you feel better. Can you look into treatment outwith your local area?

11. total eclipse

But what is stopping you from going to a different hospital away from the one you work. Away where no one knows you You need help like anyone else does so go out of your area to get stable then go back to work One day you will have to do that okay. hugs

12. GoldenPsych

because in my area i have worked in all the hospitals. They are just leaving me here crying in pain and frustration. Although just over heard some good news. The nurse i can't stand is leaving.

13. total eclipse

Oh i see you are a float nurse then i understand i am glad the nurse that is not so good is leaving I hope soon they will look after your wound and allow you to leave under care though at home hugs.

14. GoldenPsych

Yeah. Ironic really isn't it. That the psych nurse has psych problems of her own. I've got an appointment with psychiatrist tomorrow. The nurse from here has called crisis team in to it. Dreading it!

15. total eclipse

You are human what psych nurses can't have emotional problems of course they can just like pdoc can have emotional problems and therapist get other therapist to help them You have a very stressful job hell i know that and those stressor would push anyone to be unstable. Hold your head up okay and be proud of you You need help you get it and the hell with what people think okay. I finally got help for me too because if i didn't i would not be able to continue on working hugs to you i hope your meeting goes wellwith pdoc.

16. DeAdwOrLD

DeAdwOrLD Well-Known Member

Why are you there? Did you talk to your work colleagues about how you weren't coping?

Can you explain that you feel better?

17. GoldenPsych

Yeah. Ironic really isn't it. That the psych nurse has psych problems of her own. I've got an appointment with psychiatrist tomorrow. The nurse from here has called crisis team in to it. Dreading it!

18. DeAdwOrLD

DeAdwOrLD Well-Known Member

Ironic, yeah but not unusual.

Aren't those wards like prisons? Can't escape. Staff unpaid, under appreciated. And the drs keep patients sedated.

Glad they didn't section u that would be awful...

19. GoldenPsych

20. GoldenPsych

Depends. The nhs ones are ok. It's the private ones that are awful. I thought hospitals were supposed to make you feel better. Not make you wanna cut more. The last time i saw the doc was at 1pm who said he'd get a senior to have a look. I'd have been quicker going to a and e!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.