In love and hating it

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by hatemyselfalot, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What do you do if you love a friend? I'm in love with my friend and he knows it. He doesn't feel the same way about me and I know it bothers him that I feel that way, but I can't seem to change my feelings for him. I act inappropriately towards him sometimes because of the way I feel. I don't want to lose this friendship but I don't want to get hurt. I feel so confused. Help. What can I do?

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I'm in a similar situation as you with one of my close friends. I really like her and think we would make a great couple, but I don't believe that she's ready for another relationship just yet. She broke up with her ex-boyfriend about 6 months ago. Unfortunately, you can't force someone to love you. All you can do is be a good friend and hope that they come around some day. It's hard not to have feelings for friends, because they are comfortable to be around. Hope this helps. :hug:

3. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

Honestly you are going ot have to find a way to cope and/or move on. If it makes him uncomfortable knowing how you feel and you act upon your feelings you are risking pushing him away. If you want to keep the friendship intact you are going to have to put the feelings you have aside and let him know you've moved on(even if you haven't). It'll be hard and it may hurt but in the end you'll still have his friendship and who knows maybe in time he'll feelings change.

4. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I'm in the exact same situation as you are with one of my friends....only difference is we actually were a couple for a while, but a few months ago she told me she just didn't feel that way about me so we broke it off and remained friends. It sucks, but there's not much that can be done about it I'm afraid. The best thing would be to do something to take your mind off him. Sounds cliché I know, but it really does work. Maybe even give him a little breathing space until you feel more comfortable with talking to him as 'just a friend'. And who knows? Maybe one day he will come round? For now though I'd just cherish the friendship you have, and not risk it, cause it will only push him away even further.

Hang in there :hug:

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Hey, I think I can go one better.

In love with her. She says she's in love back. She's started dating another guy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.