In my suicide note..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ScouseJM, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

..now set aside the fact u dont I should have one at all / do it at all, but if I do have one, what do I put in it.. do I set aside all grudges and only express my love for people? I sure do think should my last words to my loved ones really be filled with any anger but then again, do I let them get away with all the hurt theyve caused me and just tell them how special I think they are? Hmph.

2. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Maybe theyve caused you pain, but do you want to do that to them? Think what will you do, because I know that you dont want them to be hurt. You know whats the worst thing when someone will commit a suicide? Its the pain he will cause to his loved ones. The loss of you will hurt them enough, dont make them feel even worse, dont make them feel guilty. Its not what you want, trust me.

3. ScouseJM

hmm yah i guess... :dry:

4. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I personally cant even be bothered to leave one. My final act is the proof to the people who supposedly cared, how much pain I'm in, then a note really isnt necessay now is it? I just want out of the pain and that doesn't involve anyone else. So they dont need an explanation.

5. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

try to leave no mystery. flowery words sound nice, but the "truth" is worth more in the end. it may make you feel better (i know that it did help for me) just to let some of those thoughts out. take care scouse, feel better.

6. rich_uk

rich_uk Member

this is partly why I'm still here, I couldn't go without leaving something for my family, mainly to try and let them know that they're not to blame, but I'm sooo lazy when it comes to writing letters I allways keep putting it off when I need to write anything, so when I get real low and start thinking dark thoughts I think about having to write the letter and put it off for now :laugh:

7. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

My advice is to leave 'em wondering. Put in some veiled references to the Russian Mafia and plutonium.

8. Melmoth the Wanderer

Melmoth the Wanderer Well-Known Member

I've worked on a note off and on for the past few years. The note itself is divided into two parts:

Part one is the actual letter in the traditional sense. To the best of my ability, I wrote why I had decided to kill myself. Those who have never thought of suicide generally don't understand those who do it, so I thought I'd try to explain. I also asked them to forgive me and themselves, to not give into their anger and grief. I told them to move on as soon as possible. If anyone was still grieving after six months, I wanted them to see a therapist.

Part two is a will, since I don't have one. I wrote general directions on how I wished to be buried, what to do with my belongings, etc.

9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think you should write them a note now saying how you feel, so that they can help then maybe you won't have to write a suicide note:mellow:

On the other hand if I was going to write one, i would just let them know that it wasn't anyones fault and that there is nothing they could have done to help.I wouldn't want anyone to feel responsible or guilty about my death.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2008
  10. touglytobeloved

But, if you dont explain why you did that, or at least, if you can hurt someone with your note, just to tell them that you are happy where you are, and you were not happy with your life, just to tell them that you did that because there was no other solution, dont you think that they will wonder WHY? And that can cause them even bigger pain.

11. touglytobeloved

Probably this is the best note you can wrote. I agree. Mine will probably sound something like this. And Im not saying this just to make them feel better, they wont, no matter what I will say, they will be sad and angry and... Im saying this because it is true. No one is responsible or guilty for the way we feel. We must accept that its just the way it is, and it should be, destiny, or how to call that... Its no ones fault.

12. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

The one time I did actually write my suicide note I did not say anything bad about a member of my family as I did not want to leave them feeling like they are the blame as that would be horrible for any person to feel that type of guilt. I just wrote how much everyone meant to me and what pushed me to feel this way. I know that you are angry at your family but its not worth leaving them feeling like they are the reason why.

13. ScouseJM

unfortunately i dont agree. with destiny, its noones fault bit i mean.

14. Xian

Xian Well-Known Member

make sure you tell them all to go on living because sometimes people get tempted to follow after a loved one...

15. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I agree. In my note I will definately have to do this. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.