In need of a bit of advice

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Butterfly, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

    Butterfly Sim Addict Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

    Hey guys. Just in need of a little advice really, especially as I am new here.

    I'm 18 and in heinsight my life looks pretty good. I'm in university doing something I love, a good supportive family, a nice home etc. But recently I just feel really down. I've had a history where I was bullied and it really damaged my self esteem. I tried to kill myself by overdose and has a history of self harm, though I don't do it anymore. I was out of psychiatric care when I was 16 and have been ok since. I've had periods of time where I have felt down but it's always disappeared after 2 weeks or so.

    For the past 6 or so months, things have seemed to turn upside down and I've tried my best to use my distraction techniques and methods but they just don't work for me anymore. The recent event being I found suggestive emails from my bf of 2 years email acc to someone else, finding out they had met and saw pictures together and it feels like the final straw.

    Ever since finding this out I've started hitted myself round the head and piching myself. I've had thoughts of overdosing again, but not sure if I want to. The feelings of wanting to die aren't really that strong when I think about it. I'm scared of going to my doctors because I don't want to cause my family the heartache I did last time or let them down, jeopardise my place in university and don't particularly want to go on meds or therapy. I guess I just feel a bit lonely right now and would love to talk to someone I could relate too.

    Thanks for listening to my ramblings on.

    Butterfly x
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Hey Butterfly sorry your feeling so down right now. Have you thought to talk to a school councillor about how you are feeling. Depression can sometimes come back especially when under stress could you look into seeing a psychologist or just your regular doctor to see if councilling sessions could be set up to deal with past pain. Also maybe a antidepressant may be needed just for a while to get you over this bad patch I think it is great your doing well in school and i would try to meet up with some friends and just go out and have a good time. Please look into seeing a councillor or doctor before your depression worsens take care come here anytime just to talk or get advice. Hang in there mary
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.