in need of advice..

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Sa Palomera, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Okay so here's my story..

My weight was about average, maybe just a tiny below it, but it was all healthy and all.
    I've always had trouble eating breakfast.. Like I just couldn't get anything down my throat really.. I barely ever ate lunch as well..
    Most of the times dinner would be my first meal during a day. Yet my weight wasn't unhealthy, I have always had a regular amount of energy (if not more!), and never had any health problems, at all...

Nothing's really changed in my eating pattern, in fact now I sometimes even have breakfast.
    Most of the times I don't, though. Nor do I have lunch. My first food during a day usually is about 6pm :dunno:

Anyway, now if you look at me before last week (had a bit of an odd week, so everything was well off track last week), I lost a lot of weight.

With Easter I was 56.8kg (about 8.9 stone / 125.2 pounds), then about a week ago I was +/- 53.5kg (about 8.4 stone / 117.9 pounds), which I think is a lot for... what.. 3 weeks.
    After that I haven't had a chance to weight myself anymore, but judging by what the people around me say, and how my jeans seem to fall down me bum, and the fact that my breasts have shrunk a cup-size, I think I've lost at least 1 or 2 kg in the past week as well (about 0.2 stone / 2.3 pounds or so).

And I'm just getting really worried now, because it feels like I keep losing weight, eventhough I haven't been eating less (except for the first half of last week, but after that I went back to eating regularly and just as much as I always have).

I have been doing more exercising, eg I go running about 2 times a week, and I go to therapy and back on my bicycle 4 times a week, which is a bit over 22km (14 miles) each day. But I can hardly imagine that you'd lose as much weight as I've been losing just cos of that? :unsure:
    Oh and I've also been snacking way less. I barely ever eat any candy anymore, or other snacks.

My new medication makes me loose my appetite, but I try to eat just as much as I always ate, which is dinner. And sometimes breakfast.

I have tried to eat breakfast every day, but I just can't get anything down my throat, and it is already so hard to have breakfast at least once a week..

I am getting worried about my weight-loss :sad:
  2. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I dont think your getting enough calories in your diet to offset the calories burnt by running and bicycle rides and just generally living day to day.

First off, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Even if you feel you have enough energy, a good breakfast will kickstart your metabolism and also kickstart your brain, so you can concentrate and focus on whatever it is your doing.

So try and eat breakfast every day if you can ;)

Lunch and dinner as well...and not just measly amounts, at least 1 large sandwich, or 2 smaller ones for lunch, OR some fruit/yoghurt/cheese/crackers/nuts etc. and something that covers all the food groups for dinner.

I just dont think your eating enough Est.
  3. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply, Matt :hug:

Well, I'm trying to have some kind of breakfast every morning now. It's hard at times, but I try to force myself to it.
    I guess the problem might very well be that I've been exercising more, but have still been eating as little as always... So yeah, I'll just have to force myself to have some kind of breakfast every day :unsure:

Lunch is a no-no for me though. I simply am not hungry throughout the day, I only start to get hungry by the time when I get home from therapy, which is usually about 6-7pm, and I can't eat anything then, because I know mysef well enough to know that once I start doing that, I'll end up having dinner about 11pm, which obviously is way too late.
    I guess I could also try to move my dinner forward a bit. Now it's about 8.30pm-9pm, which also is a bit too late, I guess. Thing is, if I eat about 6 or 7pm I am hungry again by 10-11pm :dunno: