In need of guidence...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ImAllAlone, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImAllAlone

ImAllAlone Member

Im going to tell my counseller about my cutting and that I think I need to go into a mental hospital.
    Im really worried and im not sure what to say to her. I want help but im affraid that she'll think im stupid please help me

2. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

I think telling a mental health professional is a courageous step. And an important one too. No professional should (in theory) think you're stupid or anything like that. It's their job to help u with your issues, though there are some that do not rly understand their purpose (but i'd say tht's pretty rare). Aaanyway, i think if u feel the need to talk to a professional, don't be scared, if u let them help you, they will. And if it so happens that the first professional u see isnt working for ya, there are always others.

I myself have seen 3 professionals, a psychiatrist and 2 different psychologists. In my case for example the psychiatrist helped me a lot, mentally too (meaning talking), while the psychologists didnt rly understand me, and i stopped seeing them. So, by trying u can understand what type of therapy works for ya.

Hope it goes well^^, and u can ask for advice from me if u feel the need for it.
    -EijiSama~

3. saltydogmk

saltydogmk Member

I too am a cutter and recently got out of a mental institution here in NC. It won't be easy to tell your counseller that you think you should go into a mental hospital, but if you feel like your losing control of the rushing thoughts then I urge you to tell your counseller. I think they will appreciate the honesty more than think your stupid for asking for help. If you need someone to talk to that has gone and is currently going through these same issues please do not hesitate to messege me. I will leave my yahoo messenger address if you ever need someone to vent to or I can tell you my story and we can lean on each other for support. My address is saltydogmk1979@yahoo.com if you want to talk I'm on alot of the time. I hope you talk to someone before making any rash decisions as I've done in the past. *hug

4. ImAllAlone

ImAllAlone Member

K what do I say to her do I just go hey I think I need to be in a mental hospital or what am I supposed to say?

5. Miss Misery

Miss Misery Active Member

I am also a cutter and I've thought about getting admitted to a hospital too. My friend and I agreed that she is going to call the mental hospital tomorrow and make an appointment to the psychiatrist for me. I'm not sure if I want to go there though. I know I have a problem and I need help but I really don't want to stop. I'm afraid that I'm not gonna make it there because I will freak out or something.

6. ImAllAlone

ImAllAlone Member

K so I need to have an appointment? Or can I ask my counseller about being refered?

7. Miss Misery

Miss Misery Active Member

I don't have my personal counsellor so I think I have to make an appointment to one of the psychiatrists in the hospital. I dthink you should talk to your counsellor about that.

8. ImAllAlone

ImAllAlone Member

K thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.